When you purchase an Instant SSL certificate through AbleCommerce Hosting, you will receive free installation and setup on any certificate listed below. Instant SSL is one of the many digital certificate solutions brought to you by Comodo CA Ltd, which is a WebTrust Compliant Certification Authority. InstantSSL certificates are recognized by 99.3% of browsers, and are the most cost effective SSL Certificates you can buy.
SSL Certificate Comparison Chart
|Usage||Leading e-commerce enabled web sites conducting high volume / high value transactions||Leading e-commerce enabled web sites||web sites conducting transactions valued at sub $50|
|TrustLogo worth $119 included|
(Click for more)
(Click for more)
|SSL Encryption||128/256 bit||128/256 bit||128/256 bit|
|Secures...||Single Domain Name (FQDN)||Single Domain Name|
|Single Domain Name|
|Network Security Audit |
(Click for More)
|30 day money back guarantee||YES||YES||YES|
|Full validation / authentication||YES||YES||YES|
1 year = $299
2 year = $249.50/per yr
3 year = $233/ per yr
|1 year = $249|
2 year = $214.50/per yr
3 year = $199.67/per yr
|1 year = $149|
2 year = $99.50/per yr
3 year = $83.00/per yr
To Request an SSL Certificate for your AbleCommerce Hosted store:
- Use the chart above to choose the SSL certificate you wish to use for your store.
- Login to your hosting control panel, and open a new support ticket.
- In your request, make sure you include the following information:
- your secure website name (this can be different than the non-SSL website, but not common)
- name of SSL certificate
- length of term in years
What happens next...
- Your certificate signing request will be generated, this is called the CSR.
It is important to know that we will automatically use your WHOIS registration information for your domain. This needs to match your SSL certificate request or it could be denied, or held up for processing. If your domain record needs to be updated, please make sure to notify the technician.
- We will order your SSL certificate using our wholesale account.
- During processing of your certificate, an email will be sent to the domain registrar. You will need to respond to this email to complete processing.
- After we receive your SSL certificate key, it will be installed as soon as possible. This allows your website to respond to the https URL.
- Your hosting account will be billed for the amount indicated above.
To Enable SSL in your AbleCommerce Hosted store:
Yes, we can do this for you, but there are many aspects about SSL that you should understand about your new store.
- Go to the General Security chapter of the AbleCommerce User Guide.
- Take a moment to read the introductory paragraphs...
- When you see the section, "Enable SSL in AbleCommerce", complete the steps as necessary.
- If you need any help, just respond to your original support ticket.
- For accounts requesting multiple SSL certificates, there will be a fee for each new website and dedicated IP. These will be automatically applied to your account at the time of setup.
- Availablilty of SSL certificates is limited to existing AbleCommerce hosted customers only.
If you want to purchase your own SSL certificate, we can install it for you for a small fee.