logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2024 11:38:02 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
ShipStation is implementing a proactive upgrade to accommodate larger order IDs, ensuring continued service and scalability. This update will move our systems from 32-bit to 64-bit. If you use the ShipStation API and do not operate on a system that accommodates 64-bit integer formats, this upgrade could potentially disrupt your workflow.

If you use a custom API integration or programming languages to connect your system to ShipStation, typically to manage orders, this message is for you. ShipStation relies on unique IDs to identify each order. If you've built your own connection, you may need to make some adjustments due to the recent updates.

If your system requires updates, we recommend updating your system by May 30, 2024, to prevent service disruptions. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Any concerns?

https://help.shipstation...&utm_source=hs_email

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sales535534  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 1:02:38 PM(UTC)
sales535534

Groups: Authorized User

Following...
Katie S  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 2:14:20 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks for the notice Ray. It continues to shock me how little time these companies give. It is so frustrating!!

I'll have someone take a look and see if we need to many any changes.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 3:26:12 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I just got the email last night.
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2024 10:36:11 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Changes will be required. We are working on it now and will update as soon as possible.

Thanks for letting us know Ray. This could have been a real emergency if you hadn't posted this notice.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Katie S  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 11:55:43 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi,

So, I've had the patches for Shipstation ready for almost a week. Since the upgrade on the Shipstation side takes place on May 30th, I needed to get ask Shipstation support to verify if we could apply our patch in advance of this date, or if we needed to coordinate the timing so the patch was applied right after their upgrade.

I don't know if I'm talking to an AI support tech, or what. I keep asking the same question and he doesn't seem to understand. Instead, I'm getting what looks like a template response over and over. I've been asking for 5 days and getting nowhere with them.

Do you understand my concern? I don't have a live account to test with and confirm the patches will work.

Does anyone have a real person contact at Shipstation?
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 12:08:21 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Last time I use Support it was through email. Out of curiosity, do any of the patches require a rebuilt?
ray22901031  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 12:24:56 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Katie,

Please use the following email: support@shipstation and reference the following ticket # 6752082. Anything sent to me, I will forward it to you, and make sure that you're part of the conversation with them. I hope you get somebody that knows what the hell they're doing.

Hope this helps.
Katie S  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 12:47:17 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Yes, all the changes are in the Commercebuilder.dll.

We have documented the changes for AbleCommerce 9. Patches for version 9.0.4 through 9.0.10 will be made available through the Upgrades Manager, as soon as have confirmation from Shipstation.

ShipStation_AC9.pdf (332kb) downloaded 4 time(s). <<<< AbleCommerce version 9 code changes if you have the source.

I will try using email instead. Thanks for the help on that!
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 2:11:05 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Katie,

I think this will help you this is the reply from ship station.

Hi Ray!

Thank you for reaching out to us here at ShipStation! I'll be helping you out today. Oh yes, about the system upgrade to 64-bit. Would this be an API Integration? If you are operating on a 64-bit already and ShipStation updates it on a 64-bit system, this shouldn't be a problem. But if you are operating on a 32-bit system and ShipStation updates it on a 64-bit system, then this upgrade could potentially disrupt your workflow.

We would like to inform you that we have an API Support line you can reach at +1-512-359-3411 from 8 am-6 pm CST, or you can also contact them via email at this address apisupport@shipstation.com for more clarification and questions on this.

Also, I can forward you an article regarding System Upgrade to 64-bit as a reference as well! Hope I did assist you with the inquiry regarding the system. Looking forward to using ShipStation!

If you have any other concerns or inquiries that arise, don't hesitate to shoot me up a message! Hope to hear from you soon! Have a wonderful day ahead!

Best Wishes,
David Bergantinos D.
Katie S  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2024 2:40:31 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Thanks! I also finally received a reply on my ticket from someone else...

It looks like we are good to go with the patches. I should be able to get that started tomorrow. The UPS patches are also happening at the same time. So it's been hectic.

Thank you so much for your patience with us, and thank you for clarifying your questions. I will be handling this ticket in behalf of the last agent that you had a conversation with.

To directly answer your question, you can definitely implement the patch that you provided before May 30th. My apologies for the frustration this has caused you, and we are truly sorry for not giving ample notice for this change.

I understand you would prefer to talk with someone over the phone, I am more than happy to help! While I am not currently able to make an outbound call to you, please feel free to call our team at 512-359-3411. We have agents available now to assist you further! In order to ensure they are up to speed, feel free to provide them with your ticket #xxx. Thank you for your understanding.

I hope this helps! If you have any future questions, feel free to reach back! Have a good day.

Take care,
John Denver L.
Merchant Support Advocate
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Katie S  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2024 6:36:58 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hello all -

If you are using Shipstation, a patch will be needed to prevent any disruption to this service. We have new patches available for versions 9.0.4 through 9.0.10. Download the FREE Shipstation patch from your "Upgrades" page by logging in to your Admin menu. Instructions are in the readme.txt file.

If you are using AbleCommerce Gold, I'm attaching documentation to fix the issue. Source code is required, and we have developer services available.
ShipStation_Gold.pdf (357kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2024 6:58:09 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I just compiled and will upload the new DLLs to the production server tonight. If there are any issues, I will let you know. Thank you for getting this out the door so quickly.

-Ray
Katie S  
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2024 7:15:59 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Awesome! We do some basic testing on our end, but we don't have live shipping accounts so I'm always a little nervous about releasing these patches.

Hope it all goes well, and thank you for your support :)
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2024 9:36:20 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

This is on the development server in my house; I followed the instructions to the letter.

Association references unmapped class: CommerceBuilder.CMS.ChangesetZone

[MappingException: Association references unmapped class: CommerceBuilder.CMS.ChangesetZone]
NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.CollectionBinder.BindCollectionSecondPass(ICollectionPropertiesMapping collectionMapping, Collection model, IDictionary`2 persistentClasses, IDictionary`2 inheritedMetas) +1820
NHibernate.Cfg.XmlHbmBinding.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<AddCollectionSecondPass>b__0(IDictionary`2 persistentClasses) +50
NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.SecondPassCompile() +242
CommerceBuilder.Common.DatabaseConfiguration.get_SessionFactory() +181
CommerceBuilder.Common.DatabaseSessionManager.GetSession() +211
CommerceBuilder.DomainModel.NHibernateHelper.QueryOver() +41
CommerceBuilder.Services.StoreLocator.LocateCurrent() +116
CommerceBuilder.Essentials.UpgradeProcessingModule.CheckForUpgrades(HttpContext context, String connectionString) +2229
CommerceBuilder.Essentials.UpgradeProcessingModule.ProcessUpgrades(HttpContext context) +262
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +142
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +75
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +93

What did I miss?
ray22901031  
#16 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 9:26:54 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Any feedback on my last post? We're just days away from the deadline, and stuff like this makes me nervous.

Thanks
Katie S  
#17 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 9:55:23 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Ray,

I notified the dev team right away last night. Here is what they said -

Quote:
This doesn't seem to be related to the shipstation related changes. I believe Ray has a typo somewhere in CommerceBuilder/CMS/ChangesetZone.hbm.xml file.

I have to agree on this based on the error message coming from CommerceBuilder.CMS.ChangesetZone instead of anything related to Shipstation. Do you have the CMS Merge plugin running? Can you please double check everything on your side?

Another dev here reviewed all the changes, implemented them, and tested with no errors.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 10:14:09 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Sorry, but both files are identical to those from a previous working site. There is no misspelling here; something else is going on.
ray22901031  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 11:01:21 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

The problem seems to be that my developer made a change somewhere he wasn't supposed to. I downloaded a previous version of the repo before the modification for ship station was made, Made the modifications myself, and compiled. I copied all modified files—seven of them, not just one dll—to the development site, and everything seems to be running.
Katie S  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2024 11:26:39 AM(UTC)
Katie S

That's great news! Thank you for the update.
Thanks for your support!

Katie