logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 10:53:53 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Two product templates are created, template "A" and template "B," "A" was created first and then "B" was created second. An existing product already had the template "A" attached, and I have now attached template "B," but I need template "B" to show on top of template "A," is there a way to do this today without coding?

Please note: it seems that if I apply template "B" first to a new product, Save and then reapply template "A", template "B" will be on top of template "A". Is this the default behavior were the first template applied is the one that's on top?

An added feature set for future version could be the ability for us to sort templates at the admin section. This is important to us not only at the product level but also at the filtering level for multiple products.

I welcome any feedback.
Many Thanks
-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:20:57 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

Product Template sort order feature is currently not supported. The sort order of the product templates will be the order in which the templates are created in the database.
For now, the only way to achieve this is to first create the template you want to have on the top and then create the second one.

Thanks
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:30:34 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply, I do not believe it will take much effort to add a sort field in the ac_ProductTemplates table, something which I hope a future release will implement. The ability to sort templates, especially after one has added to a lot of products, I believe would be of great benefit to users and developers.

You could of course also manipulate the ac_ProductProductTemplates table to get the sort order that you wish, but that could become problematic if you have a lot of information. You said in your reply that the sort order will be determined by their creation in the database. I have found, that if you have a new product in which a template was never applied, it will sort in the order in which you apply the template to the new product.

Unfortunately, if you have existing products were templates have already been assigned, it will sort in the order in which the templates were first applied, regardless if you delete them or not from the product Someone else can verify this behavior if they wish.

Luckily for me, I do not have that many products, so I will actually delete the templates themselves and re-create them from scratch. I hope you consider the ability to sort templates, which will apply on both the product detail page and the product finder to be worthy of a future enhancement.

Many thanks,
-Ray