logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 8:46:46 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello,

Under the admin users, I'm assuming one of the weakest when it comes to permissions is the order admins. However, an order admin does not have the ability to create a new user. This would make the software to us, useless, since my people need to take orders over the phone and many times it will consist of a new user. So before a new order can be created, a new user need to be created.

Was this an oversight?

How easy would it be to add a user admin as well? - With only the ability to add new users or edit existing ones.

Many Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:41:56 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Quote:
Under the admin users, I'm assuming one of the weakest when it comes to permissions is the order admins. However, an order admin does not have the ability to create a new user. This would make the software to us, useless, since my people need to take orders over the phone and many times it will consist of a new user. So before a new order can be created, a new user need to be created.

Was this an oversight?

If you go to create a new order screen in admin as an order admin. You will find a note about using an existing or creating a new user

Find an existing user to create an order from, or press NEXT if you plan to enter information for a new user.

If you choose to move next without selecting a user, it will let you create a new user account during the order creation.

Quote:
How easy would it be to add a user admin as well? - With only the ability to add new users or edit existing ones.

It's pretty easy if your license allows you multiple admin accounts. You can add an account as admin directly or you can elevate an existing user to the admin level. In order to use an existing account, go to the Admins page and then keep the Admin Group selection blank. Provide the email address for the non-admin account you want to make an admin and then try search button
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:03:26 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thank you for your reply, very confusing to say the least. Sometimes a new user needs to be created before an order gets created, it would be very easy, I guess to have the user link on top since there's a backdoor anyways.

The two ways that I have found to get around this are:

#1. Open up a browser in the front and as a regular user and have my people register the new user there, please note the bug that I reported when adding a billing address using this method.

#2. Open an existing order, click on the user profile, and then click users on the breadcrumb above.

I was informed that this is an area that has been untouched for many years. Maybe in a future update this may need to be revisited. It would be great if we could create a custom user or an admin group, not based on other admin groups, but rather create a new admin group based on multiple options like, being able to view this, being able to edit this, stuff like that.

Just my two cents,
-Ray

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 11:05:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified