logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:17:45 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'm trying figure out why the home page won't go beyond 1170px width. I can't seem find where that is set.

In a browser window set to 1625px wide, still the body of the home page won't exceed 1170px.

The Home Page web page uses the Content Pages page template. So I went there.

When you edit that page template, the Design tab doesn't give you the ability to control the width. So I feel like I need to move up the tree so-to-speak.

The Content Pages page template is assigned the No Sidebars page layout. So I edit that page layout.

In the Design tab of No Sidebars page layout, I can define the bootstrap grid for the page. But again, I do not see where I can change the parent container width.

There's no further 'up' the tree I can go in the admin.

Where is the width of the home page body being controlled from and how do I change it?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Naveed Ashraf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 12:24:42 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

1170px is the default maximum width of bootstrap class "container",

We are using in the layouts class="container", changing it to class="container-fluid", will make it auto adjust to the width of your device screen. For example:
<div class="container">

Please update the respective layout for which you want the width adjusted to screen width.

Thanks,
Naveed Ashraf

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 6:54:25 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Ok where do I make that change though? There's no UI for defining the container CSS classes on a page layout like No Sidebars.

Do I do it manually using view-source? Will that change persist if the layout is updated layer via the UI?
Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:48:20 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

So this gets more confusing.

Able includes a page layout /Views/Shared/Outer/NoSidebars.cshtml. This layout includes a parent div container element set to class='container'.

But if I create a new page layout from scratch, it has no such parent div container element.

So if I change the Content Pages template to use my test page layout, the entire home page blows up. Header disappears. The slider no longer centers across the page width.

This is in a fresh 9.0.2 install.
Naveed Ashraf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:02:06 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

You can edit the code of the layouts from admin and yes such code changes will be persisted for the layouts. Unless you remove the components/widgets from the layouts.
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Joe Payne2  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:09:31 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Ok but that doesn't solve the problem of the original page layouts including additional HTML not included when a new page layout is created.
Naveed Ashraf  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:12:37 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

The new layouts will be created using the default layout HTML. You have to edit and update new layouts manually.

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com