logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 11:32:46 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We're having an issue on a site so that when orders are cancelled, the gift certificate is not refunded. The payments tab says No gift certificate found with given serial number. 1
I searched for the gift certificate that had been used on the order the day before and found it. It is marked inactive, though. Also, there is no button to re-activate it. The status shows Inactive, but a Deactivate button shows.
Will AC not refund an inactive gift certificate? Is there any way I can troubleshoot what is happening?
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyartiwana25816656  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 1:55:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I think the gift certificate is expired and thus showing status as inactive. Please confirm if there is an expiry date set to the GC. Change the expiry date to future or remove the date to mark the GC as active.

Quote:
Also, there is no button to re-activate it. The status shows Inactive, but a Deactivate button shows.

Once the deactivate button is pressed, you will be seeing Generate button in the Serial Number column. It will generate the serial number.
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 6:38:15 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

These gift certificates don't have expiration date. One of them was created one day and used on an order, then order cancelled the next day. But I just tested on another site using the same procedure and it was refunded OK, so I don't know why it works part of the time and doesn't part of the time.
Anyway, if a gift certificate is showing Inactive, shouldn't the button show Activate instead of Deactivate?
Thanks
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 1:06:26 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:
Anyway, if a gift certificate is showing Inactive, shouldn't the button show Activate instead of Deactivate?

Hi Judy,

I am registering this issue for further inspection. There is certainly some difference with the previous versions.

Thanks for your support!
shaharyartiwana25816656  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 10:43:19 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Quote:

To Fix,

1- Open file \Website\Areas\Admin\Views\Payments\_ListGiftCertificates.cshtml
2- Search for
Code:
@if (certificate.ShowDeactivate)
    {
        <a data-name="@certificate.Name" class="btn-white btn btn-sm btn-deactivate" data-action="@Url.Action("GiftCertificateRowAction", new { Command = "Deactivate", GiftCertificateId = certificate.Id })">Deactivate</a>
    }

3- Replace with
Code:
@if (certificate.IsActive)
    {
        <a data-name="@certificate.Name" class="btn-white btn btn-sm btn-deactivate" data-action="@Url.Action("GiftCertificateRowAction", new { Command = "Deactivate", GiftCertificateId = certificate.Id })">Deactivate</a>
    }
judy at Web2Market  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2021 7:59:37 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Thank you. If a gift certificate serial number is a custom alpha-numeric string, would that effect refunding it? It was the same string in AC Gold and there wasn't an issue there. If I search for the gift certificate using the serial number, I can find it, but cancelling an order sometimes gives the message that it can't find the gift certificate. I think, but don't remember for sure, that both actions use the same method to find the gift certificate in the source code.