logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 6:40:43 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I ran across one more dropdown where the options aren't sorted in an order that is easy for an admin user- group selection on edit user page in the admin. It would be helpful if you could review all the dropdowns where you list things, like groups, manufacturers, vendors, and sort them in alpha order instead of some non-sensical order. It would make the admin more user-friendly.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 9:14:26 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I also agree on this and have brought this up to their attention multiple times. I don't think they understand the importance's of this. The problem that we are going to have is, how would you like to have this sorted?

You may preferred to have it sorted alphabetically, which would be an improvement, but I prefer to have it sorted in the same way that is being displayed to a customer. This would hold true for categories, products, and other items were we have the ability to manually sort things.

An even better option would be to have a configuration on the backend that would list something like, how would you like items on the admin sorted, the three choices would be something like, no sorting, alphabetical, manual sort.

Either way, if this is not done by the next release, we are going to modify the backend code to sort manually, the same way we displayed to our customers.

I wish Ablecommerce would take this little bit more serious and listen more to the people that actually use their products.

I strongly vote for this.
katie21942871  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 9:17:46 AM(UTC)
katie21942871

Groups: Authorized User

I think this should be reported as a bug instead. The admin default sort should work like it did in Gold.

We can consider adding additional sorting options if we see more requests.

Thanks,
Katie
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:52:23 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Katie,

This request is more geared towards an end user as opposed to a developer, so developers may not see the benefit of this request.

I did not become serious about Ablecommerce until the MVC version, so I cannot speak to the way things were in Gold, but if this is supposed to be a newer and better version than Gold, then at the very least, the features that were in Gold should be present in the MVC version.

I wear many hats in my organization, as a business owner, besides also being a developer, providing great customer service is extremely important to us, so having our operators being able to locate and recommend products to a customer on the phone using the admin backend is extremely important to us.

Having the ability to group categories, subcategories and items themselves based on a company's way of doing business is a given in other shopping carts, not sure why this would be such a big deal in Ablecommerce.

This feature is already built for the front end, it makes no sense why it would not be available at the backend as well.

Thank you,
-Ray

Edited by user Tuesday, December 15, 2020 4:53:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mazhar  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:42:29 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
In 9.0.4 we made the dropdowns sorted in alphabetical order.
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:51:52 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hello mazhar,

Yes you did, and all my employees and myself are extremely grateful.