logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 8:07:53 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I have to say I'm not thrilled with the current implementation of User Groups and Admin Groups. There's no check for duplicates on the group name. So I can very easily create 'Customer Service Reps' in the User Groups, and then create a 'Customer Service Reps' group in Admin Groups. Now I have two entities in ac_Groups with identical names.

From a data model perspective, this is a major problem. I can no longer trust _groupRepo.LoadForName("Customer Service Reps") to deliver a unique group. In fact, it seems to return only the first group matching the name specified.

I often leverage security groups as a way to categorize specific users for a specific feature or task. Now I can no longer rely on the name of the group to be unique.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 1:57:37 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
This is an issue and I am reporting this as a bug.

Thanks for identifying the issue.
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 5/10/2021(UTC)
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 9:24:55 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I think ultimately the confusion lies with having two different pages to view any group. User groups and Admin groups, from a data perspective, are the exact same entity. But we have two different pages to manage them. So it's very easy to check User Groups and create something that duplicates what is already created in Admin Groups.