logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sweeperqb  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 12:51:25 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have been trying really hard to keep my customizations separate from the AC9 code. I'm now trying to create a custom Category Grid view that includes Products, Categories, Links, and Webpages, sorted by the OrderBy value in ac_CatalogNodes. I was going to register it as a Widget in my plugin, but tons of the Models and Helper classes (PageVisitHelper for example) reside in the AbleCommerce web project. One of the things that drove me nuts about AC7 was circular relations causing issues with building the application. Is it safe to reference the AbleCommerce web project from custom plug-ins, or will it create the same circular reference issues we experienced in the past?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 1:40:53 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
This is safe to reference Ablecommerce project in your custom plugin.
We had a plugin that is using the code reference from Ablecommerce project.
It works perfectly fine.
sweeperqb  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 9:57:17 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Well, I tried adding the reference. There were library mismatches that had to be resolved by adding binding redirects in the app.config for the plugin. Not sure why since the NuGet package versions are the same for each project. It also broke my plug-in Intellisense again. I'm about to chuck plug-ins out the window and start coding in the main project.
Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 10:09:17 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Whatever you do, don't tell NuGet to restore all your packages. I spent two days sorting our MVC version differences that IntelliSense wouldn't shut up about on every. freaking. view.
sweeperqb  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 2:06:38 PM(UTC)
sweeperqb

I thought NuGet was supposed to help remove us from DLL hell?! :P
judy at Web2Market  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 6:26:27 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We pretty much gave up on plugins after trying a few. I doubt if we'll ever have a site where we don't need to change something that needs compilation (even default number of items to show per page in the admin!) so we mostly just integrate the code into the main solution.
sweeperqb  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 9:07:13 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

@judy, that is pretty much where we are at. We thought we would try to keep things as separate as possible to assist with future upgrades and potentially spin off the inventory and pick/pack as a 3rd party plug-in. We really liked how the plugin was integrated into the nav and we were able to wire up configuration screen and routes. However, the constant Intellisense issues we've encountered and library version mismatches are making it more of a headache than it is worth. Guess it is time to purchase the full source code version and get rolling :)