logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdepoy24549696  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 8:00:56 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered

I have a Live 9.0.2 site that started not displaying correctly. Not all of the style rules were being applied. If I restart the site it is fine for 10 minutes or until the browser cache is cleared.

I looked at the minified file in the browser and there weren't any errors.

I turned of the bundling by compiling in debug mode - not ideal on a live site. I'm not sure how to fix this.

How do I find the problem?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 8:26:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Is there anything customized related to themes. Are you using custom theme. Any recent changes?

Please share the site URL
jdepoy24549696  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 9:19:48 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

Thanks for your quick reply.

There are some custom layouts. And I saw a modified date for one of the Widget Boards done by the client but couldn't see anything that had been changed.

However, after recompiling in debug mode then back to release and restarting a couple of times I did finally get it straightened out. I didn't make any real changes. It just starting loading correctly.
jdepoy24549696  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:01:51 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

Sorry, I spoke too soon.

It's still happening. The site is fine for a while then the styles mess up periodically. I don't even know where to look to find the problem. No one is making changes.
shaharyar  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:07:09 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Is it possible to share the site URL.

Another question: Is the issue only happens if the site is accessed anonymously?
shaharyar  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:10:46 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

One thing more. Was there any recent windows updates or any server configuration changes?
jdepoy24549696  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:30:05 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

It has been happening when I am not logged in.

I checked the site and it was messed up.
I uploaded the web.config and it came up correctly.
In chrome I did a "Empty Cache and Hard Reload". The problem came back.
I uploaded the AbleCommerce.dll
Site loaded fine.
5 Minutes later it was messed up.
I uploaded the web.config.
In chrome I did a "Empty Cache and Hard Reload".
Now it's been fine for awhile.

I've been doing this all morning with very inconsistent results. What steps do you recommend trying?

Edited by user Friday, June 11, 2021 12:44:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nadeem  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 10:57:33 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Which IIS version installed on the web server where the website is running?
If it is IIS 7, then please try adding anonymous authentication in web.config file under <system.webserver>

That is,

Locate the following line of code inside web.config file under website root

Code:
</system.webServer>

and replace with

Code:
 <security>
   <authentication>
      <anonymousAuthentication userName="" />
   </authentication>
 </security>
</system.webServer>

Edited by user Friday, June 11, 2021 10:58:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdepoy24549696  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:21:35 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

This was in the error log:

An error has occured at https://www.williamsbrew...ectedProducts?modelData={"Caption":null%2C"pageSize":20%2C"Name":null%2C"Sku":"dx6"%2C"Price":0%2C"Visibility":0%2C"SearchDescription":false%2C"ShowImages":false%2C"OnlyFeatured":false%2C"Featured":false%2C"DigitalGoodsOnly":false%2C"GiftCertificatesOnly":false%2C"KitsOnly":false%2C"SubscriptionsOnly":false%2C"CategoryId":0%2C"SelectedCategoryId":0%2C"BrandId":0%2C"SelectedTaxCodeId":0%2C"SelectedManufacturerId":0%2C"SelectedGroupId":0%2C"SelectedVendorId":0%2C"SelectedWarehouseId":0%2C"LowPrice":0.00%2C"HighPrice":0.00%2C"AssignmentTable":null%2C"AssignmentValue":0%2C"AssignmentStatus":null%2C"VisibilityStatus":"Any"%2C"Categories":null%2C"Brands":null%2C"TaxCodes":null%2C"Manufacturers":null%2C"Groups":null%2C"Vendors":null%2C"Warehouses":null%2C"KitComponentId":0%2C"ProductId":0%2C"DisplayCategoryId":0%2C"BackLink":null%2C"SelectedEditFields":null%2C"MaxRows":0%2C"FieldsList":null%2C"CrossSellFilter":0%2C"VisibilityId":0} View less
Exception: The view 'UpdateSelectedProducts' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched: ~/Areas/Admin/Themes/Sample/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Areas/Admin/Themes/Sample/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Areas/Admin/Themes/Sample/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Areas/Admin/Themes/Sample/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Areas/Admin/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Themes/Sample/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Themes/Sample/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Themes/Sample/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Themes/Sample/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Views/Product/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml ~/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.cshtml ~/Views/Shared/UpdateSelectedProducts.vbhtml Stack Trace: at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecut
jdepoy24549696  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:47:03 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

We already had anonymous authentication enabled.
nadeem  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:03:42 PM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

As a temporary workaround you can include the theme stylesheets directly in _ThemeStyles.cshtml file. This should fix your issue by disabling the bundling.

Edited by user Friday, June 11, 2021 1:05:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jdepoy24549696  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:08:12 PM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

We did find several suspicious request in the query string parameters and took additional measures to block them.

The site has been OK for over an hour so I hope that was the cause.

Thank you for your help.
nadeem  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:09:59 PM(UTC)
nadeem

Glad to know the site is up now without any issues! Thank you!
MikeR  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:28:12 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello,

We also noticed a new patch for asp.net which auto-installed on one of our servers which is displaying a similar issue.

Can you please check to see if this was also applied on your server recently?

2021-06-11_11-24-31.jpg (43kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
jdepoy24549696  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 2:44:25 PM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

We had not installed that patch but was planning on it tonight.
MikeR  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 2:46:21 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Joy,

Just wanted to confirm that to be sure the patch didn't open up some kind of issue.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
mazhar  
#17 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 6:58:08 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi Joy, Can you please confirm if your store's default theme is showing Upgrade label in Admin -> Themes? If YES, then you should upgrade your theme by using Theme.config file to include scripts and styles. You can use the Sample theme's Theme.config file, rename the name and description as per your theme. Move the stylesheets and scripts entries from your _ThemeStyles.cshtml and _ThemeScripts.cshtml files and lastly, remove both _ThemeStyles.cshtml and _ThemeScripts.cshtml from your theme.
jdepoy24549696  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 8:00:57 AM(UTC)
jdepoy24549696

Thanks, Mazhar! I did need to upgrade the theme.