logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 2:33:41 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Now that ship gateways like UPS are plugins, how do you guys handle modifications to them? In Gold, I just added the UPS project to the solution and moved on.

But that route seems incompatible with how it works now. Should I open the UPS project in a completely separate solution, make my changes there, rebuild, make a zip file.....

I'm not really sure the best way to proceed. Any suggestions?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 6:31:52 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
You can use the same method you used before. In order to deploy a plugin you need to have its build artifacts under Website/Plugins folder and that can be automated by using post build events in visual studio. Basically, you can add the plugin project into your solution for ease of access. Then project post build event's can copy the plugin output directly under /Website/Plugins folder including views, resources and DLL. This way you should be able to put in debug mode just by changing the build mode and doing a rebuild.

If you open any existing plugin source code from AC9, you can add it to solution and check its post build event and you see how its copying its output to /Website/Plugins folder. You can use the same approach with your own plugin.
thanks 1 user thanked mazhar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 8/6/2021(UTC)
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 6:52:41 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Ohhhhhh, now I see.

You're using the post-build event to push the necessary files to the plug-ins folder AND create a plugin zip file. I didn't realize you could do all that in post-event. As long as I keep the same folder structure you're using, I should be able to do the same thing.

Thanks Mazhar, that's a huge help!