logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boyd3155174  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 3:39:34 PM(UTC)
boyd3155174

Groups: Authorized User

I haven't poked around in the backend too much on the slider, but I just wanted to inquire if there is a lazy-loading class for banner images?

Thanks,
Anthony

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:15:28 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Not even sure what a lazy-loading class is, I don't use their slider, I use my own third-party.

I remember a couple of years ago when I started to manipulate Ablecommerce, so allow me to share some tips.

Ablecommerce is all about containers, in fact, its containers within containers. It is extremely module, and you need to approach it from that angle. Trying to manipulate files, directly and independent of other factors, is asking for trouble.

It takes a while to understand, outer templates, inner templates, contact pages, HTML snippets, page layouts, and not to mention widgets and boards. Then you have to understand what you can arrange on your website in the backend, versus the front-end CMS, which I really dislike.

Never manipulate a Widget Board directly, make a copy of it and manipulate the copy, I think you found out the hard way.

Learning how all these things interact with each other will make your life easier, otherwise you're going to be running into problems.

I know that Ablecommerce is not the best when it comes to documentation, but there is a few things online that I highly suggest you become comfortable with.

Give it some time, you'll be okay.

I hope this helps,
-Ray
boyd3155174  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 2:54:47 PM(UTC)
boyd3155174

Groups: Authorized User

Thanks for your reply. I just ended up throwing a third party slider in an HTML snippet and it worked just fine for my banner issue.

Well, the reason I modified the original (and made a copy backup beforehand) was due to the fact that the original is on a bazillion different pages. In my case, it was the header. The only way I could find to make it so the default header was changed across ALL pages was to go into each page layout, which seemed like a nightmare. Do you know if there's something I'm missing - some easier way to change the header across all pages, for instance?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 6, 2021 2:57:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:28:12 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Unless you modified certain pages to have different headers, the header is in one place that appears in many places. Leave the original files alone. Make a copy of the original, modify the copy, go to the header section, remove the original, and insert your copy.

Doesn't matter if it's two pages or a billion pages, leave the original files alone. In case of a screw-up, make a new copy of the original, try it again with the copy.

I just wish support was a bit more forthcoming on how to restore the original.

I hope this helps,
-Ray

PS: the slider should only appear on the front page, unless there's something specific to your application. So, it should not be anywhere in your header.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:29:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified