logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IDAutomation  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 8:47:39 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have 34 pages of the same error in a 2 hour period when I was working on adding and updating webpage content on Friday. I don't know what it means?

Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.
Exception: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Extensions.HtmlExtensions.SafeRenderAction(HtmlHelper html, String actionName, String controllerName, Object routeValues) Inner Exception: Child actions are not allowed to perform redirect actions. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.Web.Mvc.RedirectResult.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3() at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap[TResult](Func`1 func) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 9:10:11 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hello,

What you'll need to do is go ahead and clear out the error log. Then try to remember which page you were editing and what you were doing, such as adding widgets, moving things around, etc.

The error message only tells part of the story. If we are going to try to reproduce this, then we need to know what steps were taken.

Thanks,
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
IDAutomation  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 9:18:03 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

I figured as much but I will delete them and try to check in from time to time on the error log to catch them real-time.
IDAutomation  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 10:31:57 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

I think I have narrowed it down. Go to the homepage, the page appears.
UserPostedImage

Click on the on/off button and it throws an error (clearing cookies only allows me to see the page one time and loops through this issue again)
UserPostedImage

Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.
Exception: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Extensions.HtmlExtensions.SafeRenderAction(HtmlHelper html, String actionName, String controllerName, Object routeValues) Inner Exception: Child actions are not allowed to perform redirect actions. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.Web.Mvc.RedirectResult.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3() at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap[TResult](Func`1 func) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 10:32:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Katie S  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 11:02:31 AM(UTC)
Katie S

The error message shown in the browser indicates that the page is in an infinite redirect loop.

I'm not sure if this is from something you've added to the page, or something else....

From the admin side, please check to see what Inner Template is in use by the home page. Then edit that template and go into design view. Please let me know if any other widgets or HTML snippets have been added here. If not, then do you have some custom code in the Home Page description that might be causing this. If not, then what is the Custom URL for the home page? Make sure there is not a duplicate of this URL, and also make sure the visibility of the home is on.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully, we can narrow this down.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
IDAutomation  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 11:47:51 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Originally Posted by: katie_able_support Go to Quoted Post
The error message shown in the browser indicates that the page is in an infinite redirect loop.

I'm not sure if this is from something you've added to the page, or something else....

From the admin side, please check to see what Inner Template is in use by the home page. Then edit that template and go into design view. Please let me know if any other widgets or HTML snippets have been added here. If not, then do you have some custom code in the Home Page description that might be causing this. If not, then what is the Custom URL for the home page? Make sure there is not a duplicate of this URL, and also make sure the visibility of the home is on.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully, we can narrow this down.

The bossman recently added the SSL certificate to the server, so it could be that, but he wanted me to ask about it.

The webpage is set as default (I didn't change this and really want to remove the "default" portion of that but you have to have something in there)
UserPostedImage

All I have is an image and some text with the "Featured Products" widget on the home page.

The Inner Template is the home page inner template but at one time I had removed the banner to just have the static image.

And yes it's visible until I try to use the edit feature.

Katie S  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 1:11:34 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Seems possible that there could be an issue with the SSL. After installing the cert, you enabled the SSL redirection option from the admin menu. Did you pick the setting to enable SSL for the entire store?

If yes, then try to disable it temporarily for a quick test. But keep in mind that browser cache can be a problem, so try from a different browser or delete the cached files before testing.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
IDAutomation  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 1:49:57 PM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Turned SSL Redirection off, opened up Firefox, wiped out everything. Got to the home page, it was not https, and then went to click on the on/off button and once again, too many redirects?

Running the debug console, it will just keep redirecting into an infinite loop.

Our home page should be www.idautomation.com without the /default I dont know if this is part of the problem?

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 2:44:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MikeR  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 2:29:20 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello,

On the following page:

Dashboard > Website > Customized Pages

We selected Revert Latest (changes) and the re-direct issue is fixed.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
thanks 1 user thanked MikeR for this useful post.
IDAutomation on 8/5/2019(UTC)
IDAutomation  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 2:39:17 PM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

On the following page:

Dashboard > Website > Customized Pages

We selected Revert Latest (changes) and the re-direct issue is fixed.

Do we know what caused that if it happens in the future? I didn't even know you had logged into the server to do it, because it didn't log me out. But thank you, I was able to hit the on/off now and it didn't loop on me.
Katie S  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 2:50:02 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Yes, the Cancel Last button appears when there are uncommitted changes on a page. I've never seen it cause an infinite redirect loop, but if it happens again, please let us know.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
thanks 1 user thanked Katie S for this useful post.
IDAutomation on 8/5/2019(UTC)