logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IDAutomation  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:51:31 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We want to add a description when a customer picks a variant (basically a definition of what each license covers). Although we would prefer to populate text with this information as we have on another site/store through WooCommerce, I am trying to add an image of text in place of this option.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to appear on the store when selected. I've added the image under the options:
UserPostedImage

I've added the image under the variants:
UserPostedImage

and neither populate on demand, independently or together.

Incidentally, the image folders when attaching an image spins forever and I can only put images in the "ProductImages" default because I can't get to my other folders?
UserPostedImage

Is there a way to add a text field, which is our preferred method?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:08:34 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
IDAuthomation- how were you able to add an image to your post? I haven't been able to figure that out yet.
Thanks
IDAutomation  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

I added a set of Options to my product, then went back to the Options Tab and clicked on Manage Variants.

Then a list of Variants come up with checkboxes, clicked on the Image field checkbox, then clicked Show Fields to Edit and there you can add images.

UserPostedImage

Now I just need for it to show up when the customer selects that license type.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:44:47 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
To show images instead of the selection box, you will need to EDIT the option, check the box for 'Show Images' and save.

The images need to be assigned to the Option Choices instead of Variants. Sorry, this is an area that we need to document better. It's a bit confusing sometimes.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:48:58 AM(UTC)
Katie S

I forgot to mention that I did notice the processing icon issue in the left-column. It's not able to generate the directory structure. I'll report it as a bug.

Thanks for providing the screenshots.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
IDAutomation  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:11:04 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

I had tried option as well and it didn't work. So I just deleted my license option and readded it and it didn't work still.

UserPostedImage

And now I have another issue where even though I don't select a default and want to use the column header, if I go back to make a change to an option, it becomes selected as a default :(

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:20:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IDAutomation  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:24:15 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Originally Posted by: katie_able_support Go to Quoted Post
To show images instead of the selection box, you will need to EDIT the option, check the box for 'Show Images' and save.

The images need to be assigned to the Option Choices instead of Variants. Sorry, this is an area that we need to document better. It's a bit confusing sometimes.

I just reread your post, and no I don't want to have images instead of the selection box, I want the selection box and when the customer makes a selection have the default image change to a description of their selection. So that would be back to the variant I'm assuming, which doesn't seem to work.
IDAutomation  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:27:32 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Any updates on this?

I need to be able to select a license option and a different image to populate with each selection. I do not want to have images in place of license options.
Katie S  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:33:13 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi,

Sorry it's taken awhile for this reply. I'm still looking into the issue. If you use the option setting to 'Show Images', then the main product image is changed as the user clicks on the smaller thumbnail version of it. I know you want something different, but I'm not sure at the moment if it is possible without customization.

I'd like to do some testing in Gold to make sure we didn't miss something during the application upgrade.

Thanks,
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
IDAutomation  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:13:01 AM(UTC)
IDAutomation

Originally Posted by: katie_able_support Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Sorry it's taken awhile for this reply. I'm still looking into the issue. If you use the option setting to 'Show Images', then the main product image is changed as the user clicks on the smaller thumbnail version of it. I know you want something different, but I'm not sure at the moment if it is possible without customization.

I'd like to do some testing in Gold to make sure we didn't miss something during the application upgrade.

Thanks,
Katie

Thanks for the update. That's disappointing. But if this isn't possible, is there a way to add a text field that will populate when clicking on a selection?

For example, when the customer selects an option it populates the price with a description:
UserPostedImage

We are using WooCommerce for this other site and this is the setup screen behind the options selection where they have a field in the list of variants to create this:
UserPostedImage

Katie S  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:56:59 AM(UTC)
Katie S

I wish we had a feature that allowed for variant descriptions. That is nice for sure, but unfortunately, it would take some customization to do it. There are other fields that you might be able to repurpose for this change.

Thanks,
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie