logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 11:28:07 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
At first, I thought this was a bug, but after a bit more analysis, I realize the system is behaving normally. So, I'm going to put this under feature request. We are still using version 9.0.4, but hopefully will soon be moving to 9.0.5.

It is important to note that we deal with corporations, and a lot of these corporations would like quotes before orders can be submitted. The basic function of AbleCommerce is that every single order that gets inserted gets registered under the status of "NEW", so if one of my operators which is an "Order-Admin" places an order in the backend for a customer that happens to be a quote, the order must first be saved as a status of "NEW", and then we go ahead and change it to "QUOTE".

At this time, an automatic email is generated, this is critical because I must have a copy of what the order looks like at the time it was created, this is significant to us for reasons I cannot even begin to explain, however the customer got a email with the order listed as "NEW", not "QUOTE".

I would like in a future version, if the system realizes that an Admin has logged into the system, and is creating an order in the backend, and a payment type is set to a specific group, that that specific group be based on the admin that's logged in too, not the person that you are creating the order for.

This way, I can specifically create payment types for the admin to use while they create an order in the backend, it is worth noting that this payment type is available after the order is created under the payment tab, but not at the initial order creation.

I hope I have explained this in a way that can be understood properly.

Many Thanks,
-Ray

Edited by user Monday, January 17, 2022 3:05:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 2:05:13 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Ray,

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the 'Defer Payment' option on the admin order payment page. I don't know if that would help you now, but it will allow admins to create the order without requiring a payment method.

I'll need to think about the request in general. It might be something that you need for your business, but a change like this could impact other businesses that want to use the group to identify payment methods. For instance, imagine a customer calling in to have an order placed on their behalf. I've seen businesses who do this.

I need to give this more thought....but thank you for the suggestion. It's an interesting request for sure!

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 2:11:46 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Defer Payment will not work. I know where you are coming from, so maybe there could be an option for a back-end admin like, "view admin payments options".

Right now, you can used this payment option in the "more payment" tab, but ONLY after insert. We need it at insert, "NEW ORDER"

Thanks
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 2:18:21 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Ok, I understand what you are saying. The payment options really should be the same, and maybe we can do that by listing all of them and show the ones that are not available to the customer with an asterisk and note.

That should be an easy 'fix'.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 2:20:09 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

That is a good idea.
jeffr_ca  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 7:13:10 PM(UTC)
jeffr_ca

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree that would be a good idea.

It could behave similarly to how Shipping Methods work on the admin side, where some selections are "**" being not visible to the customer, but available to the admin to choose and override what selections the customer can see.

-Jeff