logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 5:40:35 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
The Order Export in Data Exchange doesn't behave well for a large batch of orders.

There's no ability to 'select all' like there was in Gold. In Gold, clicking the header checkbox would prompt 'select all on this page or select all in criteria'. We don't get that now. This forces me to change the paging to 'Show All', and then try the 'select all' checkbox. However on a larger batch, say 400-500 orders, this creates multiple problems:

* The page load is now massive trying to show 400+ orders on a single page

* The select-all checkbox in header just locks up the browser waiting for the javascript to loop hundreds of rows

* Trying this on a larger store, or with significant order history, will never work

Essentially the order export feature is unusable in it's present state on anything but the smallest subset of data.

We need the ability to select all on all pages (for the given criteria) without having to render that data first.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:04:15 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Joe,

Thanks for reporting the issue. You must be referring to the Order Manager page.

Did you try using the Export All Orders option on this page?

site.com/Admin/DataExchange/OrdersExport
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:11:22 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Yea I guess when you choose the 'select orders to export' from the data transfer menu option, it takes you back to order manager.

This store data has been upgraded from Able 5.x........you don't want to know what happens if I choose Export All.

So no, I cannot choose 'export all'. On the Order Manager, there is only 'Export Selected' available as a choice at the bottom once you start clicking checkboxes.
shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:15:27 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

site.com/Admin/DataExchange/OrdersExport

On this page there are two options:
Export All Orders: Clicking this will not redirect to Order manager screen, but will allow to export all orders
Select Orders to Export: Clicking this will redirect to Order Manager screen to select the orders.

Can you please confirm!

I agree that from the Order manager screen, there is no option to select all available orders at once. This can be improved.
Joe Payne2  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:24:01 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

If I choose Export All Orders, The screen says it's going to try and export over 100,000 orders. I don't want 100,000 orders. I only want orders for a specific timeframe.
shaharyar  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:55:13 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

I am going to register this issue.
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 1/19/2022(UTC)
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 1:31:35 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi shaharyar,

Have you guys ever thought under the "Advanced Search Option", to add an "Insert SQL Statement Here" box?, that way, for those of us that are proficient in SQL queries, we could just insert a query and tell the system specifically what we are looking for. Also keep in mind that with an SQL query, you can apply a limit statement that affects the number of rows being returned.

I, of course, do not have this problem because I deal directly with the SQL database using Navicat, but for those who cannot, the above could be quite beneficial.

Just an idea.

-Ray
shaharyar  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 4:37:47 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Ray,

Thank you for the suggestion.

https://www.ablecommerce...merce-9-Feature-Requests
You can add this as a feature request so that it will appear in our discussion queue.