logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jay  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2022 1:38:44 PM(UTC)
Jay

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm pretty new to MVC/razor/javascript/jquery. I'm working on upgrading our highly customized AC Gold site to AC 9. On the AC Gold site I have a widget in ConLib that has code similar to the following in the ascx file:
Code:
    <asp:Button ID="DoSomethingButton" runat="server" Text="Click to do something" OnClick="DoSomethingButton_Click" ValidationGroup="SomethingVal" TabIndex="8" />
    <table runat="server" id="detailsTable" class="inputForm" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" visible="false">
    </table>

The code-behind then had:
Code:
    protected void DoSomethingButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        detailsTable.Visible = true;
    }

I'm trying to figure out how to do this in an AC 9 widget. I have everything "wired up" so the widget is on an inner template and displays properly with the table hidden. From searching online, it seems like I should be able to do something like this in the onclick property for the button:
Code:
    <input id="DoSomethingButton" type="button" class="btn btn-lg btn-block" value="Click to do something" onclick="$('#detailsTable').css('display','normal')" />
    <table id="detailsTable" class="inputForm" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" style="display:none">
    </table>

However, that doesn't work. I also tried .show instead of .css(...), but that didn't work either. I can set a breakpoint on that line of script in the browser's debugger, and it seems to execute, but nothing happens. Can anyone give me nudge in the right direction to accomplish this?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 3:11:08 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
You can try changing this

$('#detailsTable').css('display','normal')

to

$('#detailsTable').css('display','block')
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Jay on 7/29/2022(UTC)
Jay  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 10:59:12 AM(UTC)
Jay

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you shaharyar, "block" works. I'm not sure where I got the "normal" value from, I should have made sure it was a valid option!