logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
We are moving from 9.0.5 directly to 9.0.7, bypassing 9.0.6. - I noticed that there is a schema change to the database in 9.0.7 - I need to know what that schema change is or the query necessary to update the (9.0.5 / 9.0.6) Database.

If memory serves me correct, there was no schema change to 9.0.6, is this correct?

In case you're wondering, when we upgrade to a new version we do so on a developer server and then just copy the files over to the production server, so I will need to upgrade the schema at the production server in order for everything to work.

Great Work,
-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 7:51:35 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
If memory serves me correct, there was no schema change to 9.0.6, is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. No database changes.

Quote:
I need to know what that schema change is or the query necessary to update the (9.0.5 / 9.0.6) Database.

The database changes were to update the list of ISP country names and codes.

I'll ask the developers to provide the SQL queries so you can manually make the changes to your live site.

Thanks!
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 8:21:24 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you so much.

I have yet to review the update files so that query might be there since according to the instructions this is done automatically when applying the update. So there's a good chance it's already there, but just check with your team to make sure that my statement is correct.

One last thing and if you wish I can go ahead and put it under features, are we going to work on the search bar anytime soon? I believe it was mentioned that the product displaying what others have purchased was not working, but it was working under Gold.

Thanks Again,
-Ray

shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 2:53:28 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

there are two ways to upgrade from 9.0.5 to 9.0.7.

1- Apply the 9.0.5_to_9.0.6 upgrade patch and then apply 9.0.6_9.0.7 upgrade patch. All database changes will be automatically done if you use the upgrade patch as per the instructions.

2- You can use the full release build of 9.0.7 and initiate the install process, use 9.0.5 database name when adding DB credentials and choose "This is an existing AbleCommerce 9, AbleCommerce Gold or Ablecommerce 7 database to be upgraded."

These are two official ways to upgrade from 9.0.5 to 9.0.7. Hope I made it clear!

Database changes:
I am attaching two files
1> 9.0.5 to 9.0.6 (Upgrade-From-9.0.5-b6938.txt)
2> 9.0.6 to 9.0.7 (Upgrade-From-9.0.6-b7222.txt)

Upgrade-From-9.0.6-b7222.txt (6kb) downloaded 6 time(s). Upgrade-From-9.0.5-b6938.txt (1kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2022 5:55:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
ray22901031 on 10/6/2022(UTC)
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 11:59:50 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
I believe it was mentioned that the product displaying what others have purchased was not working, but it was working under Gold.

Ray, can you link to the post for this. I can't seem to find it.

Also, sorry about my post last night w.r.t. database changes in 9.0.6. Seems my memory is failing me lately...
Thanks for your support!

Katie
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 12:42:46 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Database schema

Regarding the database schema, obviously there was a change in 9.0.6, certain fields were increased in size. But on 9.0.7, it seems to be just about adding certain values into existing tables. I should be able to apply all these settings against a 9.0.5 file structure with no problems.

Search bar

Regarding the search bar, which I'm going to go into a bit of detail, I believe I asked regarding the search settings under the store general settings. I needed an explanation on what the popular search count was about, I believe you said it would be fixed in the next version, is this now working under 9.0.7 ?

Not sure why I was thinking of Gold since I've never really used it.

https://www.ablecommerce...-did-my-Export-button-go
4th post down

Why this is important.

We now have a 427% increase in visibility through Google. This was accomplished by using recommended and proven SEO methods. One of the things which is extremely important to Google is the search within the site itself. In other words, the relevance of what is being returned by what the user is looking for. Google is now placing a tremendous amount of emphasis, not only on the search bar being visible at all times on the home page, but on the results themselves.

All this can be tracked under analytics.

Right now, the results being returned are not the best, in fact one of the people helping me with SEO basically said, they suck. And I tend to agree, I have taken the search provider setting back to SQL, it was set to full text, but full text is even worse. Setting it to SQL and manipulating the product name field, has proven to be quite successful, but it's still below what Google would consider to be great.

This is definitely an area that needs improvement, and we are even thinking of outsourcing the internal searching to further increase our ranking. After we update to 9.0.7, I will get together with one of our programmers and try to modify the code so the "additional search keywords", which I can manually control, takes preference over anything else.

In fact, how nice it would be to modify this area into two sections, one for additional search keywords and the other for a small image related to that keyword. There is a specific name for this type of search, but it escapes me right now.

This is what Google wants, this is what Google expects, and what's going to determine what ranks well and what doesn't rank well in the future.

It also will be a great idea to have a drop-down next to the search bar, so you could control which category should be included in the search.

Here's an example: a user searches for but the term "BRP40 Radio". Right now, what it's being returned are things like:

BPR40 Antennas
BPR40 Batteries
Pretty much anything BPR40, except the radios themselves - which is usually what the user is looking for. If the user were to type "BPR40 Radios" and right next to it would be a category call two-way radios, the search could be done within that category and have more of a relevance to what the user is looking for, of course you would always have an "All Category Option".

I know I'm giving you a lot of information, but this is the wave of the future, having a drop-down list with pictures and as the user types, and things are filtered out.

If this is something that it's not on the drawing board, then it's something that my developer and I are going to have to do some code rewrite.

Sorry for so much information, and I hope some of these helps.

-Ray

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2022 12:46:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Katie S  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2022 1:12:33 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
I believe you said it would be fixed in the next version, is this now working under 9.0.7 ?

Yes, this was fixed -

[AC9-2028] - Autocomplete jquery used for popular search setting is not working

Thanks for the information on Google's search requirements. A 427% increase is impressive!

I'll open an issue report so we can look into this. There were some other improvements to search in the 9.0.7 version, so you might want to get that installed and do some testing to see if some of the issues have already been fixed.

This will certainly help. Thanks again.
Thanks for your support!

Katie