logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gdelorey2939345  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2022 11:38:10 PM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Hi AC -

We just went live with an updated store yesterday (ver 9.0.6.7222) and are using Braintree payment gateway in production mode. When paying via credit card and Apple Pay, the transactions take 17-19 seconds to complete. When testing this locally on my VM and local DB server using the Sandbox Braintree implementation, the time after hitting submit to see the order confirmation screen is ~5 seconds.

Have you seen this behavior before? We do not have debugging turned on in the settings area, and have tested multiple orders and devices, all of which behave this way. I tried rebooting the server to reduce the chance there was some temporary issues, but the problem persists. I did run inspector tools and watched the network traffic which shows the path /Checkout/_CreditCardPaymentForm/149?Length=8 is the process consuming that time, and shows 'waiting for server response' as the most time intensive process (I have screenshots but don't see a way to attach them here).

Thank you for your help; this amount of time will be confusing for end users and cause issues so I'm eager to get it resolved quickly.

Thanks,
Greg

Edited by user Monday, October 3, 2022 11:42:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

gdelorey2939345  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 12:19:33 AM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Hi AC -

Just pinging this thread to try and get some sort of update, if possible.

Thanks,
Greg
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 2:49:24 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

I did a test using sandbox details and got the response within 5 seconds. I am not able to test with the production environment.
I suspect the Braintree server is taking the time.

On the final checkout page, open the browser console before the FINAL CHECKOUT. Click the button and see when a nonce value appears in the console logs.
AC backend processing starts after we got the nonce value from the Braintree server.
gdelorey2939345  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 12:31:36 PM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Hi Shaharyar -

After clicking 'Complete Order', it takes about 1-2 seconds for the nonce value to appear in the console. Does this mean that the interaction with Braintree is complete at that point, and it's all AC processing from there until the user is redirected to order completion receipt?

Thanks,
Greg
gdelorey2939345  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 11:50:05 PM(UTC)
gdelorey2939345

Hello -

We sorted this out. It turns out that we had an inefficient use of custom fields data that caused a major slowdown when in production. All is good now - thanks for the help!

Greg