logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 4:26:04 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm having a problem with the SEO Category and Page URL mapping outputs. It appears that it is not flushing the URL mapping or re-indexing when a Category or Product name is changed moved or deleted.
It just continues building to the latest, leaving the prior mappings in place. As the URL continues to grow i'm concerned Google and other search engines will have a fit with this and possible dead links.
I do understand that in some cases we need to keep old mappings in place for SEO purposes, but not while developing.

Now I do realize I can manually change these mappings but, I never had a problem with this in Gold or any of the earlier version of Able.

This is the example of the mapping, that should be produced, based on the Store Menu set up when clicking from a top level to a bottom level Product with 3-clicks:
Quote:
https://localhost/Steering-Systems/Rotech-I-Complete-Packaged-Steering-Systems/Rotech-10-Feet-Packaged-Steering-System

NOTE: In the example above I have since moved the product to a new Category and deleted this mapping from the old Category. These two levels do not exist anymore in the Store drop down menu:
Quote:
/Mechanical-Steering/Rotech-Standard-Rotary-Steering-Systems/

Here is the current output mapping URL below from the Able9 b5588 dev site still showing the two levels that do not exist anymore:

Quote:
https://localhost/Steering-Systems/Mechanical-Steering/Rotech-Standard-Rotary-Steering-Systems/Rotech-I-Complete-Packaged-Steering-Systems/Rotech-10-Feet-Packaged-Steering-System

Here is the same product, same mapping and setup in a Live GoldR12 site:

Quote:
https://xxxxxxx.com/Rotech-10-Feet-Packaged-Steering-System-P11408.aspx

Here is what I have tried so far to see if anything will change.

1. Tried recompiling using VS2015 ( I should not have to while working in the CMS ) but no change.

2. Tried restarts of App Pool and Website on server ( No Change ).

3. Manually changing mapping in the SEO Category or Product fields works. ( However this would be way to time consuming when ever a change is made specifically with a large amount of products in just one category )

I remember back sometime ago when we had to Re-Index through the Admin in the older versions. If there is a way to do this in Able9 can someone steer me in the right direction as I have not found a way to do this.

Ricky

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:14:23 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ricky,

We are not yet supporting re-indexing feature for Category and Product Urls in AC9.

To update the Catalog Url, you need to change them manually.

However, we have an unfinished feature to rebuild Catalog Urls which is hidden in code in our latest release.
You can make use of that feature to re generate/ re-index all your catalog Urls.

1- Please open the file \Website\Areas\Admin\Views\SEO\Settings.cshtml
2- Search for the code

Code:
@*<div class="row">
        <div class="col-lg-6">
            <div class="ibox float-e-margins">
                <div class="ibox-title">
                    <h5>URL Settings</h5>
                </div>
                <div class="ibox-content">
                    @using (Ajax.BeginForm("RebuildUrls", "SEO", new AjaxOptions() { HttpMethod = "POST", OnSuccess = "toastr.success('Success', 'Catalog Urls rebuild successfully')" }, new { id = "rebuild-urls-form" }))
                    {
                    <p>
                        For each new item (product, category, or webpage) added, a catalog URL generates automatically using the item's name. If there is a change made to the item's name, the URL will not update automatically. The Rebuild Catalog URLs button below will regenerate all catalog URLs using the current name of each catalog item.
                    </p>
                        <div class="checkbox checkbox-success">
                            @Html.CheckBox("OverrideUrls")
                            <label class="tooltip-label" data-content="If a catalog item uses a customized URL (one that is manually changed), it will appear in the Custom URLs report. This option will remove all custom URLs and replace each one with the automatically generated catalog URL." for="OverrideUrls">
                                Replace all custom URLs - This action cannot be undone!
                            </label>
                        </div>
                        <div class="form-group">
                            <button type="button" id="rebuild-catalog-urls" class="btn btn-primary">Rebuild Catalog URLs</button>
                        </div>
                    }
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="col-lg-6">

</div>
    </div>*@

3- Replace it with

Code:
<div class="row">
        <div class="col-lg-6">
            <div class="ibox float-e-margins">
                <div class="ibox-title">
                    <h5>URL Settings</h5>
                </div>
                <div class="ibox-content">
                    @using (Ajax.BeginForm("RebuildUrls", "SEO", new AjaxOptions() { HttpMethod = "POST", OnSuccess = "toastr.success('Success', 'Catalog Urls rebuild successfully')" }, new { id = "rebuild-urls-form" }))
                    {
                    <p>
                        For each new item (product, category, or webpage) added, a catalog URL generates automatically using the item's name. If there is a change made to the item's name, the URL will not update automatically. The Rebuild Catalog URLs button below will regenerate all catalog URLs using the current name of each catalog item.
                    </p>
                        <div class="checkbox checkbox-success">
                            @Html.CheckBox("OverrideUrls")
                            <label class="tooltip-label" data-content="If a catalog item uses a customized URL (one that is manually changed), it will appear in the Custom URLs report. This option will remove all custom URLs and replace each one with the automatically generated catalog URL." for="OverrideUrls">
                                Replace all custom URLs - This action cannot be undone!
                            </label>
                        </div>
                        <div class="form-group">
                            <button type="button" id="rebuild-catalog-urls" class="btn btn-primary">Rebuild Catalog URLs</button>
                        </div>
                    }
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="col-lg-6">

</div>
    </div>

But please note that this feature is not finished and properly tested so if you are willing to make use of this feature please keep in mind that this will not create any redirects for the previous catalog URLs.
However, for the custom URLs there is a setting to replace or preserve the custom catalog URLs.

This is the description for the feature

thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
rlopez397954 on 10/1/2019(UTC)
rlopez397954  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:40:14 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shari thank you for the notes on this. This will work fine while in a Dev mode.

Thanks again for your quick response to my questions.

Ricky