logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 12:16:47 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Using the new version, if you go under order manager, under find a keyword, and on the "Search in" dropdown pick "Order Notes"

I tried under settings going to full-text search versus SQL, but that didn't work either.

Could someone else, please verify this?

Many Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

rlopez397954  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 8:08:47 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ray,

I can only get the search to work as long as I use the order number as a variable. When I click the search button without a order number I get a quick squiggly and nothing comes back. I tried this against all of the drop down box options. However, I was able to get some feedback (There are no orders matching the search criteria.) when I tried using sku.

I tested this on a dev and live site.

Hope this helps.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 8:30:32 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

It is obviously broken, and of course, the reason I'm searching for specific information is that I don't have the order number. We have decided that we're going to use the AbleCommerce system to track repairs to and from our service depots for customers.

So, we have various service depots listed as customers, and when we enter notes on the order, we enter the customer's full name, followed by the serial number of the product, followed by the model number, and the original ticket number that the product was ordered on.

Since the order itself is based on the depot name, I have no way of knowing unless I were to read the notes on what customer this pertains to. So, This is why I would like to be able to do a search on items listed on the notes themselves.

The bottom line is this is broken, and tech support will affirm this, hopefully, this is a decent fix that one can do on their own; otherwise, it needs to be logged and hopefully fixed on their next version.

I appreciate your assistance,
-Ray

ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2023 1:01:55 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

I stand corrected !!!

Everything works if you use wild cards, but this may not be obvious to the user, and it was not obvious to me yesterday.

At first, I thought it would be a good idea to have a checkbox that says, wildcard search, but if one knows how to use wildcards they will tend to have a bit more control.

So, my recommendation for the next version would be to have some text that says, "Wildcards are allowed". Even better would be a button where a pop-up will appear that shows all the different wildcards supported in the search. I think this would help plenty of users.

Thanks