logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 6:17:59 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a second site, this one 9.0.5, that will show an IIS 404 page on the home page, but other pages on the site will be working. In this case, we have to restart the App_Pool to get the home page to come back up.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2023 10:38:05 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
As you know, I've had my issues with app pools lately, and I'm pleased to report the many issues involved have one by one been rectified.

Without having access to the back end to review settings and not knowing the URL of the website, it is very difficult to reply, we would be guessing at this point. The only advice I would give is to ensure that the default document setting under the website is properly defined.

There's a good chance you may have to tweak the app pool settings here, but that depends on many other factors. As you know, I host my site with your company, and someone changed my app pool to include 32 bits; after it was changed back to 64 bits, it seemed to help rectify my many issues.

I am implementing best practices on the app pools setting to take it even one step further. I am also increasing the ram, regardless of what the resources say. It is my intention to split the app pool into multiple threads based on the number of CPU cores. This should help spread resources more evenly across the server.

There are many factors involved in play, but you could take a screenshot of the App Pools setting and post it to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

I know this is difficult, and I hope some of this helps.
-Ray
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 6:05:10 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Thanks for your input, Ray, but I would like some explanation from AC. The home page is OK for thousands of page loads. The issue here is that it shows an IIS 404 with other pages on the site being OK.
nadeem  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 7:53:09 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Judy,

We never see the issue like this. It is hard to say anything without looking at the IIS configuration. Is the site customized? You can check the serve logs for more details about the error from the server's event viewer.
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 6:12:59 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Nadeem, thanks for the reply. Of course, the site is customized! Are there any that aren't? Nothing ever shows in IIS logs or in the event viewer when this happens. There never is a 404 in the IIS logs for the home page when it happens.
nadeem  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 6:36:23 AM(UTC)
nadeem

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User, Admin, System

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
There might be some broken widget on the home page causing this. Can you try Reset All changes from home page (keeping the backup) from /Admin/Website/CustomizedPages and then apply the widgets again?
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 6:44:45 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Judy, when this occurs, what exactly is the URL it displays?

I am pretty sure you have verified this, but is the home page correctly displaying using various deviations? For example, let's say the site is www.123.com

Does it display using the following deviations:

123.com
http:// 123.com
https://123.com
www.123.com
http://www.123.com
https://www.123.com

I'm curious if the page requesting the root page somehow alters the URL.

Just a shot in the dark.
thanks 1 user thanked ray22901031 for this useful post.
nadeem on 2/7/2023(UTC)