logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 10:51:42 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We have a customer who just upgraded to AC 907 to make sure that Braintree would still work and so he could use ApplePay. He has followed the instructions in the merchant guide to set up the payment method and they do see the Apple Pay option at checkout.
He has run into a couple of other issues and there is nothing that we can find in AC help about it.
Braintree had him upload a file (apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association)to the .well-known folder, which was not in the instructions.
Now Braintree is telling him he needs to set up a developer account with Apple, which the instructions say nothing about.
Can you clarify if he is supposed to do this or anything else and how the Apple Pay should work?
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Judy,

If I remember during my own testing, the payment won't appear unless you are using an Apple Iphone. I hate to state the obvious, but can you confirm they are testing with one?

It can be a real pain to setup a developer account with Apple.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2023 5:58:19 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

They are seeing the payment method using an iPhone. We had already checked that.
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2023 2:04:32 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Sorry Judy, I misread your original post.

Our documentation doesn't cover how to test Apple Pay with a developer account, and that seems to be what the client is wanting to do.

I'll check around and see if there are any notes from our internal testing.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
judy at Web2Market  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 5:37:53 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Katie, they don't want to do it with a developer account. That is what they are being told they have to do to get it to work.
Katie S  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2023 12:51:52 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Judy,

It makes no sense for the support tech to tell this customer to setup a developer account with Apple, unless he/she is trying to test Apple Pay with Braintree in development mode.

Quote:
We have a customer who just upgraded to AC 907 to make sure that Braintree would still work and so he could use ApplePay. He has followed the instructions in the merchant guide to set up the payment method and they do see the Apple Pay option at checkout.
He has run into a couple of other issues and there is nothing that we can find in AC help about it.

If we can get more specific details about these issues, then I can try to help troubleshoot.

Thanks for your support!

Katie