logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
charles25686713  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2023 10:05:17 AM(UTC)
charles25686713

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, e-check isn't working for us. Two users have reported seeing this error when trying to use it:

---
There was a problem processing your payment: The element 'transactionRequest' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd' has invalid child element 'amount' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd'. List of possible elements expected: 'transactionType' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd'.
---

Other authorize.net CIM entries work fine.

There isn't an error in the error log; if the user didn't report it, we wouldn't know it happened.

As far as I can tell, e-check is properly associated with authorize.net CIM.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Charles

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 7:21:58 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

I am able to reproduce the issue. I am reporting this issue to be fixed.
Thanks for pointing this out.
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 1:54:14 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
This is fixed to be released in upcoming release. I am sharing the changes here.

1- Open file IntegratedProviders\AuthorizeNetCIM\AuthNetCIMProvider.cs

2- Locate the following content at line # 1602 in DoStandardAuthorize function

Code:
if (!isCheckPayment)
{
    bool capture = (this.UseAuthCapture || authorizeRequest.Capture);
    string transactionType = capture ? "authCaptureTransaction" : "authOnlyTransaction"
    transRequest.transactionType = transactionType;                
}

3- Replace with
Code:
if (!isCheckPayment)
{
    bool capture = (this.UseAuthCapture || authorizeRequest.Capture);
    string transactionType = capture ? "authCaptureTransaction" : "authOnlyTransaction"
    transRequest.transactionType = transactionType;                
}
else
{
    transRequest.transactionType = "authCaptureTransaction";
}

4- Compile the plugin and copy the updated zip file in Website/Plugins folder.
charles25686713  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:58:58 AM(UTC)
charles25686713

Thanks.

I don't have the source code to do this.
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 12:24:45 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Charles,

We'll be coming out with the next version within the next 2 weeks. This issue is fixed for 9.0.8.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 2:33:06 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Care to give an updated feature list, what has changed?
charles25686713  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 1:03:18 PM(UTC)
charles25686713

Hi, are you 100% certain e-check is working correctly?

We have a customer trying to use it that received this error:

---
Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)
---

An e-check isn't a card??

I see this error in the AC error log:

---
An error has occured at /Admin/Orders/_CheckPaymentForm
Exception: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: args Stack Trace: at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args) at ASP._Page_Areas_Admin_Views_Orders__CheckPaymentForm_cshtml.Execute() in E:\Data\store.heartscenter.org\Areas\Admin\Views\Orders\_CheckPaymentForm.cshtml:line 53 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
---

line #53 is

@Html.HiddenFor(model => Model.PaymentMethodId)

EDIT: I found other e-check transactions that are working, so it doesn't appear to be an "across the board" problem.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 20, 2023 1:17:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

charles25686713  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 1:31:29 PM(UTC)
charles25686713

More info. I'm pretty sure this is a bug?

On the admin side for an order, if you try to add an e-check payment, the page doesn't change to reflect e-check data entry.

This is what the customer sees on checkout:

e-check-good.jpg (73kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

This is what is shown on the admin side. Looks like credit card info?

e-check-bad.jpg (120kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

Charles
Katie S  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 7:28:47 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
Hi, are you 100% certain e-check is working correctly?

I'm about 99% confident that e-checks are working. I did the testing myself, but I can only use a test payment gateway.

Quote:
Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)

This message is actually being sent back to AbleCommerce by the payment gateway. I'm not sure why though. The error makes it seem like the wrong payment method was selected. If you have other e-check payments working, then it's probably something specific with this user. Value cannot be null makes me wonder if they didn't get all the correct info entered or changed payment method part way through.

Quote:
This is what is shown on the admin side. Looks like credit card info?

On the admin screenshot you attached, the tab indicates "Process Credit Card Payment" so I don't think we ever supported echeck payments from this screen. I did check the admin placing a new order > payment page, and you can use it to enter banking information.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
charles25686713  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 7:38:02 PM(UTC)
charles25686713

Thanks. Did you notice the drop down for payment method that I selected on the add payment screen?

e-check-bad.jpg (120kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Katie S  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2023 8:08:51 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Yes, I did. Let me report this to the dev team and see what they say.

What makes most sense is to change the payment form or add another tab for e-check payments.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
charles25686713  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2023 11:30:28 AM(UTC)
charles25686713

Originally Posted by: Katie S Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I did. Let me report this to the dev team and see what they say.

What makes most sense is to change the payment form or add another tab for e-check payments.

Regarding the payment error, this user has a limit on their account they weren't aware of, or forgot about, which was causing the debit failure.

Regarding the error in the log, I suspect it came from our store back office staff trying to use the admin screen to make an e-check payment when the screen doesn't properly support it.

Thanks.