logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2023 6:33:51 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I've been meaning to ask this and don't remember the places where I have seen it. But now a merchant has spent hours trying to figure out why all his option choices are not showing when they showed in Gold. He has two options and option 1 is sizes and option 2 is distributors. There are a some sizes that are not available from all distributors, but on the Gold site they showed up in the dropdown anyway on the store site. You could see all the sizes in the dropdown to start with and when you changed the distributor in another dropdown, only the sizes from that distributor would show, which is correct in AC9. But when you first load the AC9 page, not all the sizes show like the do in Gold. I found a setting in the productmodel for ShowAllOptions and changed that to true. But that choice to ShowAllOptions isn't shown in the admin when you click on the parameters icon for the BuyProductDialog.
Why are some "parameters" not changeable except in controllers or models? You can't set them via the admin or in the view, in any way I could find.
Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2023 11:50:24 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Judy,

I tried to reproduce this in a stock version of AbleCommerce and all choices appear for me when the page is loaded.

I created two options with 3 choices each.
Then I went to the Manage Variants page and edited the "Available to sell" setting.
Unchecked one of the combinations and saved.

From the retail side, all choices for both options are shown unless I select one of the choices that's not available with a particular size. The select drop-down choices are correctly showing what is available. But I can refresh the page and all choices for both options are shown again.

Maybe I'm not understanding the issue entirely...or have the correct steps to reproduce.

Quote:
I found a setting in the productmodel for ShowAllOptions and changed that to true. But that choice to ShowAllOptions isn't shown in the admin when you click on the parameters icon for the BuyProductDialog.

As we were porting the code from Gold to AC9, not every setting for the controls were added to the widgets. It was mainly due to lack of time. Our goal was to duplicate the 'viewable' functionality of Gold.

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting