logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:12:36 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Fresh upgrade on non production site 9.0.7 to 9.0.8.

When trying to add another item and going through the screen with name, qty, amount and then choosing Add New Shipment, nothing happens when clicking the Add Item green button. The pop up just sits there. It will work when staying with current shipment of order or choosing UnShippable/NoShipment option.

Maybe it works on a Production site?

Able please verify if you can.

Thanks again for your help.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2023 8:30:03 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hello,

I can reproduce the issue. Let me check with the developers and find out if this is a bug introduced in the last update. Hopefully we can get a fix for you posted here.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Katie S  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2023 11:44:06 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi,

I tested the same issue in version 9.0.7 and it exists there as well. You can workaround the issue by creating a new shipment for the order first. Then you can add "Other Item" to the shipment.

It works fine when you are adding products to a new shipment.

Thanks for letting us know.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
rlopez397954  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2023 9:29:12 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Hi Katie,

That's how we caught this.

There is no easy way to add multiple tracking numbers to a order when processing and once the order has been processed and shipped. It would be nice to have this option added when this fix is completed.

Thanks again for your help.
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 2:42:10 PM(UTC)
Katie S

We will have to discuss the proposed changes. Currently, when you add a new shipment, there is a full screen where the following options are selected or input:

• Warehouse
  • Ship To address*
  • Shipping charges
  • shipping method
  • Shipping note

*This option includes a popup dialog where you can also enter a New Address.

When adding an Order Item (e.g. shipping charge, handling, discount, credit, etc), we use a pop-up dialog because it's a simple task.

If we try to combine all the functions of the Add Shipment screen into a pop-up dialog (x2), then it becomes a bit unwieldy.

The developers will make the final determination on what works best.

Usually, the Tracking Number is entered to an existing shipment upon clicking the Ship button. It sounds like you are using tracking numbers through the Order Items. Is that what you are asking? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
rlopez397954  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2023 4:24:30 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Katie I apologize for being so vague in explaining this issue.

We have had situations where the order gets processed and shipped complete. However, when there are multiple tracking numbers and the shipments were not split at the time of completing the shipping process, then we have no way of just going in and adding another tracking number to the shipment.

So in order to do so you have to go to the (Make changes to the shipment>Add other item sequence) in order to get the shipping info only "The additional Tracking No#" into the completed order. I fully understand the processes taking place. This is how we found the problem listed above which I was testing on a upgraded site.

Now In our case this product has free shipping, another physical warehouse i.e and there are no additional shipping charges that need to be applied. Also, we only have one warehouse and ship group setup for this product. We have to do this in some cases so the customer is not seeing and being forced to pay for multiple shipments when they place their order.

So I thought that it would be nice if there could be an ability to go and just add an additional tracking number if needed after the order and shipping has been processed complete. And not having to use the Add other Items sequence to accomplish this.

We caused this situation by not splitting the shipment to begin with when processing the original shipment (Human Error) however, its OK sometimes to make mistakes as we did catch this bug.

So, it is only a suggestion to try and simplify a process if possible. One way is to modify the the Edit Shipment button and be able to add an additional tracking number or numbers!

I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks again for your response.

Edited by user Sunday, April 23, 2023 6:06:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Suggestion to Modify Edit Shipment Button.

Katie S  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2023 3:14:27 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Ricky,

No worries at all ;-)

I fully understand what you need now. Let me review the UI and see if I can make a suggestion for the developers.

Thanks for your support!

Katie