logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy e  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2026 1:17:33 PM(UTC)
judy e

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Developers
Joined: 11/7/2018(UTC)
Posts: 313

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
We just had a 909 site that was messed up because someone accessed the Install/Default/Upgrade folder and ran an upgrade. I think I remember something in a newer version about removing that folder? Anyway, I checked a couple of other sites that I know of and that upgrade path was available on them, even though I wasn't logged in as an admin. I think it would be good for you to send out a notification to customers about this- someone has obviously figured out this way of breaking a site. In AC Gold, there had been a warning on the dashboard about removing that folder.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2026 12:43:01 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk
Joined: 10/29/2018(UTC)
Posts: 508

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi Judy,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I can confirm the issue, and yes, please rename or move the folder to a location outside of the website root until we can provide a fix.

Thank you for letting us know.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.