logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:59:55 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I can't find where bootstrap.min.css and jquery.js are added to the page layout for a specific theme?

I've looked in /themename/Views/Shared/_ThemeStyles.cshtml and _ThemeScripts.cshtml. Not there.

And it's not in /Views/Shared/_Base.layout.cshtml.

Where else could it be??

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Joe Payne2  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:26:14 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

I found it. You've got certain theme-related aspects hard-coded in the /App_Start/ BundleConfig.cs.

The bigger question is why isn't everything theme-related in a specific theme?

The way you've got this built now, all themes in the store are forced to use the same version of bootstrap (along with several other libraries). If I want to leverage a newer flavor of bootstrap in a new theme design, I can't do that without impacting all other themes, including the current theme the live store may already be using.
mazhar  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 3:11:28 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Bootstrap is required by editing components of the application so we kept it separate from theme. I see your point of using different versions of Bootstrap without forcing it on all themes. I am not sure but have you tried to remove the registered app bundle and reregister it with Bootstrap path changed in Theme's script/style includes?
Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 5:47:20 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

I haven't tried it yet but I sure was thinking about :)

I'll give it a shot this week and let you know.

In my mind, the site is unusable without at least 1 theme, right? You must have at least 1 theme to render the site well enough to edit it. So having the bundle separate doesn't really help much since you still must have a theme to support rendering the site. So we might as well relocate the core bundle list into the default theme for the reasons stated above.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a dev page explaining the base minimum includes necessary by Able to build a new theme. Sure, people should be building a new theme based on a copy of Sample. But not everyone will do that. In fact, we really need to emphasize to use the Copy feature in the admin themes page. Because if you don't use that copy feature, the path names don't get updated to reflect the new theme in the default view/style files. Kinda learned that one the hard way myself...