logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
info8678355  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2020 11:12:19 PM(UTC)
info8678355

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi All,

When I go to save any changes to existing or new inner templates (and I imagine elsewhere too), I get the following error:

An error occured while parsing Layout HTML, File Name:~/Views/Shared/Inner/CopyofHomePage.cshtml. View less
Exception: Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\vhosts\***.com.au\test.***.com.au\Views\Shared\Inner\CopyofHomePage.cshtml'.

Is this likely to be an installation issue that's causing this? If so, is there an easy fix?

Oh, and I'm very new to coding etc :-)

Thanks,

Annette

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 8:23:51 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

It seems that you have the inner template entry in database but you have deleted/removed or renamed the cshtml view file from the physical location. (~/Views/Shared/Inner/CopyofHomePage.cshtml)
Can you please confirm before we go for further inspection.

If so, you can fix by copying any other inner template and rename to CopyHomePage.cshtml and then you can edit from admin panel UI.

info8678355  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 5:30:51 PM(UTC)
info8678355

Hi Shari,

Thanks for your help.

I have only been using the software's CM to do any changes etc so no, I haven't deleted any files. This error occurs no matter what inner template I try to work with or what changes I try to make.

For example, if I try and make a change to the Home Page Inner Template the change does not save, however the StandardHomePage.cshtml file still exists but has not been modified.

Am starting to think that getting some support for a new installation will be the way forward.

Thanks again,

Annette
mazhar  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:05:33 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi, can you please confirm that you have given write permissions on Website/Views/Shared/Inner, Website/Views/Shared/Outer and Website/Views/Shared/Boards folders.
thanks 1 user thanked mazhar for this useful post.
info8678355 on 1/8/2020(UTC)
info8678355  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:52:12 PM(UTC)
info8678355

Thank you Mazhar!

I appreciate you taking the time to ask what should have been obvious to me :) Gave right (and write) permissions and it's all working fine.

Cheers,

Annette
thanks 1 user thanked info8678355 for this useful post.
mazhar on 1/9/2020(UTC)