logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rogers.tom26083007  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:45:09 AM(UTC)
rogers.tom26083007

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Hello. Instructions seem pretty straightforward: extract zip to webroot, open site in browser and viola - installation begins. well.....this does not happen for me. I have confirmed system requirements are meet and extracted files to root folder. I have tried both directory browsing enabled and disabled. No page loads nor any type of installation begins. I understand by opening the folder, detection of installation should be automatic but that is not happening.

thank you

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

MikeR  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:01:59 AM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Please post any error message you are receiving. You will need to edit the /website/web.config to see the messages

Change

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/Errors/Error" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite">

to

<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="~/Errors/Error" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite">

Confirm the zip file was unblocked before you unzipped the files by clicking on properties.

unblock.jpg (108kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Be sure you are running ASP.net 4.6.2 or newer.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
rogers.tom26083007  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:58:43 AM(UTC)
rogers.tom26083007

ASP version

root directory (browsing on)

error browsing off.

edit completed to web.config file as instructed.

MikeR  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:06:37 AM(UTC)
MikeR

Hello Tom,

Delete the files under the root of the website and then only unpack the /website files into the root of the webserver. Those other directories are for visual studio and not used for deployment.
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
rogers.tom26083007  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:28:11 AM(UTC)
rogers.tom26083007

updated file directory (wwwroot)

IIS folder list

Extract updated. same 403 error result
MikeR  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 12:15:23 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Hello,

Confirm that the asp.net trust level is set to High (Internal) required for MVC applications. If you still have trouble please post the full error message as the last post I could only see 1/2 of the screen.

Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
Joe Payne2  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 8:59:33 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rogers.tom26083007 Go to Quoted Post
Hello. Instructions seem pretty straightforward: extract zip to webroot, open site in browser and viola - installation begins. well.....this does not happen for me. I have confirmed system requirements are meet and extracted files to root folder. I have tried both directory browsing enabled and disabled. No page loads nor any type of installation begins. I understand by opening the folder, detection of installation should be automatic but that is not happening.

thank you

Have you given the application pool assigned to the IIS site permissions (including modify) to the folder hosting the site?

I can't see your screenshots from your second post so I can't tell how your IIS site is configured.