logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:41:43 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I would love to hear from other people and their experiences that they're having with bots coming to their website. I pay for the business version of Cloudflare, where I have a bit more control with bots. The worst I've ever had has been about 25 per day, I usually average, 1or 2.

Even when a legit bot from Google comes to my site, AbleCommerce seems to take issues.

I'm just curious what other people see, how many bots come to your site regularly?
Do you track them?
What type of error messages are you seeing?

Just curious what others have to deal with.

Many thanks,
-Ray

Edited by user Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:42:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

MikeR  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 9:30:48 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello Ray,

"AbleCommerce seems to take issues."

Please try to provide a bit more context as can't remember any of our hosting customers having issues with a rogue bot.

We scale our servers so that the average load is below 20%.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 10:53:41 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hi Mike,

The issues that I am referring to are the extremely long and, in numerous instances, hard to detect errors which are listed in the error log. I have posted a few myself, and other people have posted theirs as well. This user forum are full of examples.

Unlike a hosting company that may not report log contents to a user, I have full access to my server, I'm able to check the server logs and the error logs and coordinate them with the firewall logs on Cloudflare. Please note, I refer to the error logs because that's what you call it. Just because something is recorded in the logs, doesn't actually mean, it's an actual error.

I have noted many times, especially when you're dealing with specific errors on specific orders, how beneficial it would be if the order ID was also recorded. A few weeks ago I brought up the issue with the new PayFlow Pro Gateway introduced in version 9.0.4, eventually support was able to reproduce the issue, but only after clicking capture twice. I assured support that we are not clicking capture twice. This type of error is specific to an order, and I am able to trace it to a specific order because I can match the money that's being captured coming in to the actual error being reported, almost to the second.

Other recorded events I am able to coordinate with Cloudflair because I'm using the business version, I'm able to break down bots into, block, challenged and allowed. Furthermore, I can create specific rules to let certain ones in and keep other ones out.

Even those that I have set to "challenge" still create entries in the Ablecommerce log files, which really offer no clue as to the nature of the event. If you wish I can start sending them to you,they all look the same, however I have determined that these are useless recorded events.

The other day someone actually tried to do a SQL injection and this was also recorded. Since I have been hit many years ago with a SQL injection hack, I can assure you, I do not take this lightly. My concern is that maybe Ablecommerce may be a bit too sensitive and report on things which are really not that important. Not that I get hundreds of errors daily, but if I did and that one SQL injection attempt was hidden with all the other log events, I may not be able to see it.

I think many people would benefit, if maybe some error messages were a bit more informative, especially those that refer to orders. Maybe another idea that can be implemented in a future version would be recorded events based on a numerical scale, let's say 1 to 10, based on how severe Ablecommerce thinks they are.

I am still tweaking Cloudflare, and have already block certain countries, certain ASNs and IPs from coming to the site. As of today, the only ASNs which are actually hitting the site mostly come from Google.

I'm just curious what other people are doing, so I can learn from them. Again, if you want me to start sharing the contents of the Ablecommerce error logs, I can post them and have in the past. Again, I don't believe I'm getting that many compared to what others claim they are getting.

I hope this explanation shed some further light.

Anything I can do to improve the software, I am more than happy to help.

Thank you for listening,
-Ray

Edited by user Wednesday, December 1, 2021 12:17:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 12:38:40 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

And just like clockwork, the process repeats itself. Only nine error messages, pretty much all saying the same thing. Please see below. A quick search on Cloudflare between 1:00 to 1:06 reveals 79 attempts by AS15169 -GOOGLE, originating from, The United States, Brazil, Singapore, Belgium all trying to perform uptime checks mostly using GoogleStackdriverMonitoring-UptimeChecks(https://cloud.google.com/monitoring) user agent.

The only exception was the AS12876 -Online SAS originating from France that was actually blocked, all the others were "managed challenged".

Please note, I'm trying to find what I consider an acceptable balance between what would be a considered legit bot and a troublemaker. So far, Google has had no problems updating the Google Search Console.

Again, we have not noticed any difficulties in either the front or back end of Ablecommerce, so we consider these harmless messages. But I am confused why these would even register in Ablecommerce if they are either being blocked or managed challenged. I can assure you, that this is not a coincidence, since this is maybe the 25th time that this occurs, just like clockwork. So this is my explanation of "AbleCommerce seems to take issues".

Unless you feel there's more here than meets the eye, I am just going to continue to delete these messages and ignore them.

Hope this helps,
-Ray

EntryDate MessageSeverity Text
2021-12-01T00:58:32.2530000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a70f06dec173.68863255
2021-12-01T00:58:34.0800000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://www.myradiomall....=61a70f06dec173.68863255
2021-12-01T00:58:35.7070000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://www.myradiomall....=61a70f06dec173.68863255
2021-12-01T01:01:17.3730000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a70fac010e79.31232765
2021-12-01T01:01:19.1570000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a70fac010e79.31232765
2021-12-01T01:03:19.9500000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://www.myradiomall....=61a71026704262.79425169
2021-12-01T01:03:21.6200000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://www.myradiomall....=61a71026704262.79425169
2021-12-01T01:05:22.2430000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a710a0df4fa7.58466886
2021-12-01T01:05:23.8830000-05:00 Error An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a710a0df4fa7.58466886

Errors.png (225kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

ERROR_LOG_20211201_011552.zip (3kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Please note that the Dedicated Server is behind a WatchGuard firewall appliance, I do not have access to the actual WatchGuard firewall, this is handled by Web2Market, nor do I want access to the firewall. If you can maybe recommend some settings that I can discuss with them, I'm all ears. As specified earlier, I am here to assist you in any way possible.

=== From AbleCommerce

An error has occured at https://blog.myradiomall...=61a710a0df4fa7.58466886 View less
Exception: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.RenderAction(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, Object routeValues) at ASP._Page_Views_Webpage_Index_cshtml.Execute() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myradiomall.com-9.0.4-110121\Views\Webpage\Index.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Inner Exception: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Extensions.HtmlExtensions.Widget(HtmlHelper html, String name, Object routeValues) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Mvc.AbleCommercePage`1.RenderWidgetZone(WidgetZone widgetZone, Boolean editable, PageDataType pageType, Int32 pageId, Int32 widgetBoardId, Boolean restore) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Mvc.AbleCommercePage`1.RenderZoneForWebpage(String name, ContentPageData data, Boolean editable) at ASP._Page_Views_Shared_Inner_StandardHomePage_cshtml.Execute() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myradiomall.com-9.0.4-110121\Views\Shared\Inner\StandardHomePage.cshtml:line 1 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3() at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap[TResult](Func`1 func) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) Inner Exception: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Extensions.HtmlExtensions.Widget(HtmlHelper html, String name, Object routeValues) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Mvc.AbleCommercePage`1.RenderWidgetZone(WidgetZone widgetZone, Boolean editable, PageDataType pageType, Int32 pageId, Int32 widgetBoardId, Boolean restore) at CommerceBuilder.Web.Mvc.AbleCommercePage`1.RenderZoneForWebpage(String name, ContentPageData data, Boolean editable) at ASP._Page_Views_Shared_Inner_StandardHomePage_cshtml.Execute() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myradiomall.com-9.0.4-110121\Views\Shared\Inner\StandardHomePage.cshtml:line 1 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3() at System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap[TResult](Func`1 func) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 1, 2021 12:57:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyar  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:56:14 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
Small update: is there a way, maybe in a future release, to be able to save the error messages to an external log file before clearing them, or is this already built into the system somewhere?

You can export the error log into a file.
On the error log listing page, there is an export option on the bottom left of the page.
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 2:08:29 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you for your reply, yes I realize my error and this is why I deleted that part of the message. Instead of concentrating on the small part of the message that was deleted, do you wish to comment on the much longer post?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 1, 2021 2:18:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyar  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Yes, the issue related to the long error messages is valid. This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your feedback!
judy at Web2Market  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 5:54:18 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In the global.asax.cs file, AC filters out some error messages. On one site, one they see that s certain kind of error message is harmless, they have had me add code to suppress that message.
ray22901031  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 7:31:21 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Was not even aware you could do that, this is why I love and appreciate support groups. Also, glad to see that these "war and peace" error messages are finally going to be addressed. - Wonderful !
Jay  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:19:36 AM(UTC)
Jay

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I know this isn't the main point of your post, but since exporting the log was mentioned, I thought I would mention that I think all the errors are also already in [site root]\App_Data\Logs\app.log. It is just a text file, though, so you have to do some parsing yourself.
ray22901031  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:55:53 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hey Jay,

I was looking through the App_Data\Logs the other day, and I was wondering why it hasn't been updated for some time. I was going to reach out to my network development team to see if somehow something broke.

It wasn't until I just read your post, that I realize I was looking at my development server that hasn't been updated in about 3 weeks because of no traffic, and not my production server.

How dumb can I get? - Thank you for your post, I guess I will NOT be calling my network production team after all.

Thanks,
-Ray