logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:08:21 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Did my first Gold R12 upgrade to 9.0.1 this morning. The upgrade portion went flawlessly, well done to the devs on the install/upgrade process.

I did encounter one issue post-upgrade that merits a review. The admin side worked well and I had no issues after the upgrade. But when I went to the store side, I immediately got MVC routing errors unable to find the default layout files for the theme.

What was unusual was the path MVC was looking in for the layouts (had debug="true" set). It was looking for a /themes/bootstrap_responsive/ folder path. It should have been looking for a /themes/sample/ path.

I immediately checked the default store theme. Only 1 listed and Sample was set as default. Then I went to Content Pages expecting the home page to be set to a specific theme. But the display showed 'Use Store Default'. Yet the error persisted.

I decided to force home page in Content Pages to 'Sample' theme and save. BAM now the home page loads in the store. Set it back to use store default and save. Still working great.

I'm guessing the home page was assigned the bootstrap theme from Gold R12 and not set to use store default. But that value was not updated to Sample during the upgrade. It might be beneficial to update the theme rendering code so that an invalid theme assignment to a page (path not found) makes the page revert to whatever is set as the store default theme. At least that way the page can load in cases where the page-assigned theme is no a valid theme path.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:45:10 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
It might be beneficial to update the theme rendering code so that an invalid theme assignment to a page (path not found) makes the page revert to whatever is set as the store default theme. At least that way the page can load in cases where the page-assigned theme is no a valid theme path.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am registering this in our bug tracking system.