logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 11:47:38 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Valid File Types: Any is shown on the logo upload page.

In System Settings, The File Upload Filter section shows blank for the "Images" setting. Based on the on-screen text, this should permit any file extension I want to upload.

Based on what I know I should be able to upload anything.

From the Website/Store Logos/ page, I click the folder to upload a new logo file.

First issue: Clicking the "Click here to upload" section of the page triggers from the File and Image Upload page a file selection popup that defaults to "*.any". Since no images will ever have an extension of '.any', the dialog shows no files until the user chooses "All Files".

Second issue: Once I change to all files, I can now see the .jpg I want to upload. However selecting it results in a validation error "Only images are accepted."

I'm unable to upload a logo.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Joe Payne2  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 11:54:57 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Changing systems settings to include jpg extension appears to resolve the issue temporarily.

I am concerned by the use of the generic file uploader page being used for logo uploads. The default is to create 3 image sizes icon, thumbnail and regular size as if it's a product image. This is not only unnecessary for store logos, it's quite confusing.
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 12:45:50 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

In Able Gold, the file upload page was able to return the user to the page that launched it. Here in v9, it opens in a new tab and the user stays on the tab after upload is complete. It's not entirely obvious you're sitting in a new tab, nor does the upload refresh the tab from which you originated. So when you upload a new logo and select it, you have to manually switch back to the logo page tab which still shows all the old logos. Then you have to manually refresh the logos page.

Also, uploading a file with the file upload page shows an empty progress on top of the selected file to upload after you select it but before the upload has started.

Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 12:50:32 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

File upload page, more issues:

If validation fails on one of the other controls, the selected file is cleared and you have to re-select it for upload.

Pick a file to upload
Specify custom size
Set the width to 250, leave the height blank
Click upload
Validation fires and correctly reports the height value must be specified. But now the selected file is blank and I must choose again.

Store Logos page: Clicking Save after setting store logos appears to do nothing. No page refresh. No save confirmation popup.
Katie S  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 5:00:59 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I'm not having any trouble with the Store Logos page.

I can select an existing image from the assets folder, or I can drag and drop one from my local PC.

We don't create 3 sizes for the logo.

The security settings for Images should have been populated with file types for gif, jpg, and png. For many reasons, I think it is a bad idea to allow upload of any file type. We should fix this to make it a required field and not allow any type of file to be uploaded through the UI.

I'm going to report this as a bug.

Let me know about the File Upload page. This is different than the Image upload page. Which one are you trying to use?

Thanks
Katie

Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Joe Payne2  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 8:54:01 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Websites->Store Logos
Click the folder icon to go to the file manager
click upload in the top right and choose Image

I didn't use drag and drop

nobody is going to know you're not creating three sizes when the UI clearly shows it wants to resize whatever it is you're choosing to upload.

This is what I see what I am uploading a logo

Katie S  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 6:49:37 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Joe,

The image upload page gives the user a choice to create multiple image sizes, custom, or none at all.

If the user wants to upload a single image, then the option is there for it. I'm not sure it makes sense to eliminate these choices.

Even if the user needs some different sized logo images, the Logo field only accepts the value for a single image.

Thanks
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Joe Payne2  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 9:23:25 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Let's try a video, might make things easier to understand

https://www.screencast.com/t/lDIbIoAU6rT
Katie S  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 1:31:28 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Thank you for taking the time to create a video. I finally understand the issue with Logo upload now.

If the 'folder' icon is used to go to the Asset Manager, then we are effectively in the wrong physical location. Instead of being in the appropriate themes folder, we are in the assets folder. Got it.

For this page, I think it makes most sense to remove the option that brings them over to the Assets page. Instead, you would just drop in a new image directly into field.

Thanks,
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
thanks 1 user thanked Katie S for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 11/25/2019(UTC)