logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
technical4636593  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2022 4:31:48 PM(UTC)
technical4636593

Groups: HelpDesk

Able Gold v 7.0.92 DEV
In going over this numerous times and also checking the DB I have the following conclusions and issues when trying to add certain items to the cart..
Problem: Creating new basketItem for a few products is just incrementing the Count for that product instead of a separate cart item. We need these separated since they belong together. E.g. A label can have a Signature option and if they delete that item we need to delete the label . Works except if you duplicate a signature option within one order. Why is this happening?
1) The Cart count at top shows the correct basketitem count
2) The Cart total has the correct charge for two Sig Options but just displays the 1 count in the mini basket and when you actually go to the cart.
3) We do not get this behavior for a duplicate regular label (e.g. Standard Overnight). They have separate basketIDs but SigOpts just increase the count even though it executes the same line to alwaysCreateNew for the basket.
4) The DB for this Basket shows a 2 in the Adult Sig opt for my test the one I duplicated. See the attached Word Doc for screen shots.

Suggestions on how to always get a separate basketitem for duplicate signature options. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

In going over this numerous times and also checking the DB I have the following conclusions and issues.docx (64kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 5:38:31 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
When you say duplicate signature options, are these Product Options? Kits? Template fields? I haven't tested in AC9, but in latest version of Gold, if you add an entry to the customfields field in ac_basket items, it wouldn't combine the items, if all else fails for you.
technical4636593  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 7:40:21 AM(UTC)
technical4636593

Groups: HelpDesk

Hi, thanks for replying. I have figured it out. Since we were adding a second basketitem under certain cases, the second add was not setting the LineMessage so it was adding to the Qty of the redundant SKU. Didn't realize they were connected. Anyway, I initialized this second basketitem as follows: SigBasketItem.LineMessage = DateTime.UtcNow.ToString(); and now they are showing up n the cart correctly. These are all Ghost products and not kits.
Thanks again for looking and hopefully this helps someone else.

Rich