logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speedythinker1832579  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:00:29 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Hi

I'm wondering if it is possible to add "negative" amount toward to the handling charge? The reason is that the online quote from either USPS or UPS are higher than the actual rate we could get. In order to stay competitive, we need to offer the less cost the better. The shipping rate from the UPS is like 20% more than the actual cost. So, I would like to add negative $ on handling to offset it. If possible, can you tell me how

Thanks
Marco

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:03:22 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi,

Quote:
The reason is that the online quote from either USPS or UPS are higher than the actual rate we could get.

Make sure you have the correct setting for Customer Type.

There are 4 options available. Each will change the rate shown to your customer.

You might want to check with UPS first, but using the 'Negotiated Rates' option will require your UPS account # in the field provided. This should show the customer the same rate that you are actually getting.

Thanks
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
speedythinker1832579  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:39:34 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hi Katie:

Sorry my late reply. We have correct setup but the main issue is that, we used 3rd party for taking our shipment through UPS. The rate we got from the 3rd party is about 20% better than the UPS direct. That said, I need to be able to add "negative" charge on handling to offset the difference to stay competitive.

Thx
Marco
speedythinker1832579  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:19:22 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hi:

I was out of country for a while and just came back. I'm still hoping that it is possible to allow me to put "-$" on handling on shipping so that our shipping rate wont' look too much to the customer, especially nowadays many platform provide free shipping. Our business is slowing down and I think the shipping is one of the issue that caused it.

Thanks

Marco

jeffr_ca  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:09:42 AM(UTC)
jeffr_ca

Groups: Authorized User, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree that the ability to enter a negative handling charge (either $ or %) would be very useful. Yes we obtain our contract rates from our integrated shipper, but sometimes that is still higher than we would like to present to the customer. What would be the harm in permitting a negative value in this field?

-Jeff
Naveed Ashraf  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 9:49:37 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

There is no harm in allowing negative values for handling charges. But as per current implementation negative values are not allowed.

I have reviewed the related implementation, and there is no easy workaround for this issue at the moment.

My suggestion is for such products, please create some custom shipping methods with UPS names.

Thanks,

Naveed Ashraf

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
sams25927423  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 1:29:29 PM(UTC)
sams25927423

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

I would like to see this feature implemented also, the rates I get through ShipStation are better than my negotiated rates and would like if my website could reflect this better rate, for hopefully improved conversions.