logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2023 1:55:21 PM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Upgrades to the UPS API Security Model

Thank you for being a UPS API user! At UPS, we continue to improve our technology offerings and work to provide better security for our valued customers.

UPS has implemented an OAuth 2.0 security model for all APIs to enhance the overall security for our customers to reduce fraud and provide enhanced API capabilities. This change impacts your current API integration and requires you to make updates to your existing application interface.

How will this impact my API integration?

• Beginning June 5, 2023, UPS will no longer issue API access keys

• On June 3, 2024, access keys will no longer be supported for authentication to UPS APIs

• You will need to obtain OAuth API credentials from the new UPS Developer Portal and update your security protocols to OAuth 2.0 prior to June 3, 2024 to continue transacting with UPS APIs

• Any legacy UPS API integrations using XML, SOAP, or legacy JSON payloads will also be required to convert to the RESTful APIs

We have created an API access key migration guide to assist with your migration from access keys to OAuth 2.0. If you obtained an access key to provide to a 3rd party please notify them of these changes immediately.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2023 2:12:16 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Thanks Judy. I was updated by a client this morning as well.

I've opened a new issue report for the dev team.

Quote:
• Beginning June 5, 2023, UPS will no longer issue API access keys

That's 8 business days from today! It's not even possible to accommodate a change like this with such short notice. At least any existing API keys will work for awhile.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
Jay  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2023 9:19:06 AM(UTC)
Jay

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ample advance warning doesn't seem to be their thing. Remember about 1.5 years ago when they removed some TLS Cipher Suites from their servers and didn't give any warning? I have an account on their developer site, and I have not received an email regarding this yet (although I guess it is possible our corporate email security appliance thought it was spam or phishing and sent it to never-never land). Here's their migration page, in case anyone is interested: https://developer.ups.com/oauth-developer-guide?loc=en_US. Hopefully this will only require an update to the UPS plugin for AbleCommerce?
Katie S  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2023 3:18:00 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Yes, I remember the TLS issue. Just one of many emergencies we've had to deal with in the past from these service providers.

Updating the UPS plugin should make it easier to put the changes in place.

We are swamped right now, so I'm not sure of the timeline. I'll post any updates here.
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting