Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: HelpDesk
Joined: 1/20/2020(UTC) Posts: 65
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
|
SEO does not matter that much anymore, and now AIO matters more. Structured FAQ JSON‑LD meaningfully increases the chance AI systems will extract and cite your answers on sites such as CHatGPT, and server‑rendered JSON‑LD is the most reliable way to ensure those answers match what AI sees. We need a reliable way to generate these server-side and I cannot figure out how to do it. We need specifically, JSON‑LD for: 1. FAQ pages 2. Product pages 3. BreadcrumbList 4. Organization It would be a good added feature! AI did generate this _Layout.cshtml file (attached for FAQ only), and it said to place it in <YourTheme>/Views/Shared/_Layout.cshtml but it did not work. Any chance you can get this functionality in the next version? Without it, our competitors who do this will get the AI results, and we are missing out.  _Layout.zip (2kb) downloaded 3 time(s).Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2026 1:24:35 PM(UTC)
| Reason: Not specified
|
|
|
|
|
|
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk Joined: 10/29/2018(UTC) Posts: 508
Thanks: 6 times Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 35 post(s)
|
Hi Brant,
I have opened up a new feature request. We will evaluate the application code and see what improvements can be made for AIO. You are correct. This is important and we will definitely have it ready for the next version. If possible, I will also share the improvements here as well.
Now, I would like to point out that the file you shared _Layout.cshtml does not exist in a stock version. I'm not sure if this is something custom you are using but check the /Views/Shared/_Base.layout.cshtml file. This generates a container for all the storefront pages and might be worth having a second look by AI generated code.
For me (Ref. 2403) |
Thanks for your support!
Katie Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting |
|
|
|
|
|
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: HelpDesk
Joined: 1/20/2020(UTC) Posts: 65
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
|
Thank you, this will be one of the best upgrades yet if it is included in the next version. I have been working with AI to try to modify the code to include it, but no luck yet. I used to do it by injecting JavaScript into the header, but that stopped working in the latest version for some reason I cannot figure out why.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: HelpDesk
Joined: 1/20/2020(UTC) Posts: 65
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
|
We really need this soon. Is there a timeframe for when we can expect a version that will allow this?
|
|
|
|
|
|
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk Joined: 10/29/2018(UTC) Posts: 508
Thanks: 6 times Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 35 post(s)
|
Hi Brant, We are working on improvements for the next version. Currently, the JSON-LD for Product pages is working, but there are a few improvements needed. - We are missing a property for itemCondition and special End Date.
- The product description also needs to have the HTML stripped.
I will be looking into JSON‑LD for: FAQ pages BreadcrumbList Organization If it's possible, I will try to post the code changes in advance of the next release. |
Thanks for your support!
Katie Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting |
|
|
|
|
|
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Important Information:
The AbleCommerce Forums uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
More Details
Close