logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to forums.ablecommerce.com. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. Forums Registration.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dajoy25928596  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:32:36 PM(UTC)
dajoy25928596

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Developers
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0

A week ago you sent me a Zip file with the files changed from RC1 to RC2. I also It also appears that there are new files that were added on RC2. The first one that we're getting an exception for is \Views\Shared\_HtmlHead.cshtml

That's a file on RC2 and on RC1.

Also, were there changes to the database? Is there a way to convert an RC1 database to RC2?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. Forums Registration.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:17:54 PM(UTC)
mazhar

Rank: Administration

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered
Joined: 10/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 2

Hi, if you install the Upgrade ZIP package on your website it will not only provide with updated files but also with database upgrade. After applying the upgrade patch when you will run your website it will automatically upgrade the database. In your website administration you check under upgrade section for installed upgrades. It must have the upgrade information available in there.
dajoy25928596  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:28:32 PM(UTC)
dajoy25928596

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Developers
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0

Originally Posted by: mazhar Go to Quoted Post
Hi, if you install the Upgrade ZIP package on your website it will not only provide with updated files but also with database upgrade. After applying the upgrade patch when you will run your website it will automatically upgrade the database. In your website administration you check under upgrade section for installed upgrades. It must have the upgrade information available in there.


What about the missing file? \Views\Shared\_HtmlHead.cshtml
dajoy25928596  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:08:37 PM(UTC)
dajoy25928596

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Developers
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0

Also, since upgrading to RC2, there's a new block below the footer with this graphic:
Loader

The header has been replaced with this message:
Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.

The email signup widget is displaying these messages:
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.enter_your_email_address_below_to_subscribe_to Testing.
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.your_email
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.subscribe_now


What are the steps to remediate these issues?

mazhar  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:47:35 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Rank: Administration

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered
Joined: 10/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 2

Originally Posted by: dajoy25928596 Go to Quoted Post
What about the missing file? \Views\Shared\_HtmlHead.cshtml

This file wasn't changed between RC1-RC2. I am not sure why its missing in your case. Have you made any customization to your RC1 install prior to the upgrade?

Originally Posted by: dajoy25928596 Go to Quoted Post
Also, since upgrading to RC2, there's a new block below the footer with this graphic: Loader The header has been replaced with this message: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. The email signup widget is displaying these messages:
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.enter_your_email_address_below_to_subscribe_to Testing.
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.your_email
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.subscribe_now
What are the steps to remediate these issues?


The loader image must not be visible by default. Looks like header is having trouble too in your case. The issue with email signup suggests that language resources are missed. You can try to import LanguageResource.csv file which you can find under /Website/App_Data/ folder in upgrade package.

Please check your database and confirm if ac_Widgets table have columns named CreatedDate and LastModifiedDate?
dajoy25928596  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:58:17 PM(UTC)
dajoy25928596

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Developers
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0

Originally Posted by: mazhar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dajoy25928596 Go to Quoted Post
What about the missing file? \Views\Shared\_HtmlHead.cshtml

This file wasn't changed between RC1-RC2. I am not sure why its missing in your case. Have you made any customization to your RC1 install prior to the upgrade?

Originally Posted by: dajoy25928596 Go to Quoted Post
Also, since upgrading to RC2, there's a new block below the footer with this graphic: Loader The header has been replaced with this message: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'. The email signup widget is displaying these messages:
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.enter_your_email_address_below_to_subscribe_to Testing.
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.your_email
  • undefined:retail.subscribetoemaillist.subscribe_now
What are the steps to remediate these issues?


The loader image must not be visible by default. Looks like header is having trouble too in your case. The issue with email signup suggests that language resources are missed. You can try to import LanguageResource.csv file which you can find under /Website/App_Data/ folder in upgrade package.

Please check your database and confirm if ac_Widgets table have columns named CreatedDate and LastModifiedDate?


The only way I found to remove the loader image was to comment out the following line on _Base.layout.cshtml

Quote:
@Html.AjaxLoaderContainer("", false, false)


Even though I loaded the full new RC2 LangResources.csv file into App_Data, I'm still seeing the "Undefined" text labels. It's as if the GetResourceString method is not looking in the csv file. This is not only an issue with the SubscribeToEmailList widget but also with the View Details buttons on the product search screens: undefined:retail.addtocartlink.view_details
dajoy25928596  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:35:22 PM(UTC)
dajoy25928596

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Developers
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0

I saw that RC3 was released today. Where can I get the RC3 Upgrade ZIP?
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.