logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:57:38 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Why do pages like the following show up in users Page Views? I don't even know how to navigate to that page?
/Themes/YE/JS?v=CoYroDsvcBYmvjarqyk7KOIWCxz4p45Y4d8QrFcXhJU1

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:32:09 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Page tracking is logging any server side resource requested when a user visits the page. It means that its logging any communication that page is doing in background against user request. The URL that you mentioned above is the minified script includes for theme that page is using.

UPDATE: We need to update the page tracking to void theme script/styles from tracking.

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2020 8:01:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 6:36:39 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks. There are a lot for _ItemAddedNotify also. The page views registered should be just meaningful ones.
While we're talking about _ItemAddedNotify, we have a site that slowed down because someone kept hitting https://xxx/Checkout/_ItemAddedNotify?allowDisplay=true, among other pages and efforts at sql injection on those pages. Is there any way you can prevent partial views from being displayed in the browser? Navigating to it displays {"hideNotifier":true}. Accepted wisdom in Google says things like "If the file name starts with an underscore IIS will not serve it directly.".
I did run across this and am posting it here so I'll have some place to find it later:https://forums.asp.net/t/1985464.aspx?Prevent+Access+to+Partial+View+from+URL
mazhar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 2:32:43 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks for the feedback, I opened a discussion in our logs related to tracking only the meaningful page visits. Regarding your point about preventing the direct access to partial actions, this would need some research. I see the point that you made, keep in mind that both GET/POST request are made to these partial actions so preventing direct access would need not to break dependent features. We will look into your suggestion and if we can limit the exposure of partial actions.

I just noticed that you linked a resource from asp.net forums

As explained in this thread, in MVC we are not giving direct access on view files, instead its the action name that you see in URL. Basically the URL is not a file so IIS won't be able to intercept. I am aware of about the use of ChildActionAttribute but that would not allow to make ajax get requests. Similarly, using AjaxOnly attribute will limit the use of partial actions to ajax context only.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 17, 2020 2:57:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified