logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
judy at Web2Market  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 6:54:18 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Is there a way that the breadcrumb can be more accurate on a category page when a product is in more than one category? Right now, it tries to get the category id from querystring and CurrentItems, which both return 0, then from cached page views. That can cause an issue if the customer is bouncing around categories where the product is in more than one category, I think because the GetUserPageVisits does something with session? Are the page visits being added to the session in the correct order?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:09:10 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I did a test, added a product to /Department/Toys and then assigned /Department/Food category later. Product now exist in both Toys and Food category of sample data. If I access the product through any of above categories I see the breadcrumbs are specific to the category I am navigating from. The breadcrumbs seems to be working as expected to me, am I missing something here?
judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 8:24:42 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Since pageviews are saved every minute, maybe the user was clicking through categories and products too fast and so the 1st category got picked up instead of the 2nd category the product was in? The client saw the wrong breadcrumb and I saw it also. Maybe customers won't see it since they will be moving slower? Just a theory.