logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dandersonMLT  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 1:55:43 PM(UTC)
dandersonMLT

Groups: Developers

Is there a guide somewhere for setting up Paypal express for AbleCommerce v9.0.3?
Paypal is trying to get it configured for our site, but I see there are widgets for PayPal Express button and PayPal Express checkout.

I assume this is why we do not see them on our page currently.

Is there a setup guide on how to set these up and where they should go in the templates?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

MikeR  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 2:02:23 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello,

We just went over it with Matt and Brian with Paypal.

1. If you don't want paypal IPN on your final payment page then delete it as a payment method. But it's best to leave it and be sure to put your email back in.
2. Add the Paypal Express checkout widget to the right column of your basket page to make it appear.

Otherwise, it sounds like it's configured properly.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
dandersonMLT  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 2:18:23 PM(UTC)
dandersonMLT

Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

We just went over it with Matt and Brian with Paypal.

1. If you don't want paypal IPN on your final payment page then delete it as a payment method. But it's best to leave it and be sure to put your email back in.
2. Add the Paypal Express checkout widget to the right column of your basket page to make it appear.

Otherwise, it sounds like it's configured properly.

Thanks for the quick response Mike.
Matt from Paypal told me to contact AbleCommerce for details on how to setup so I wasn't sure what was discussed.

1) I have added the email back in and will be leaving the IPN on final checkout page, so all of that works as before.

2) However, on the widget I see there are 2 "Paypal Express Checkout" and "Paypal Express Checkout Button." I'm going to assume I only need the checkout and not the button one.

When I add it to the right column of the basket template the page just shows

"PayPal Express Checkout Failure" with 2 buttons "Retry Paypal Request" and "Cancel Use Of Paypal"

Is there something else that has to be setup?

shaharyartiwana25816656  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 11:24:28 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
2) However, on the widget I see there are 2 "Paypal Express Checkout" and "Paypal Express Checkout Button." I'm going to assume I only need the checkout and not the button one.

You will need to add "Paypal Express Checkout Button." as a widget. The other widget that you see is for the page we set up as default to show the error response if came from Paypal.

Sorry for the confusion.
dandersonMLT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 8:04:30 AM(UTC)
dandersonMLT

Thank you.

That seems to be working. I appreciate your help