logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brant25348293  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2021 2:57:48 PM(UTC)
brant25348293

Groups: Authorized User

We need to provide Digital Downloads to Customers from Resellers. A reseller creates the order and then emails the customer a download link. However, the Customer does not have access to the download link. Resellers need to be able to generate a download link to send to their Customers without needing a login.

This issue was addressed in the past, however, I prefer not to recompile. See post #8 in this thread:
https://www.ablecommerce...ad-Link-for-Distribution

Is there a better way to provide download links to Customers from Resellers? Another system we use on another website allows resellers to generate unique public download links to send to the Customers. Can you include this functionality in the next release?

Is there anything else I can easily do in release 9.0.4 to avoid recompiling?

Edited by user Thursday, May 13, 2021 3:08:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 6:11:58 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
Is there anything else I can easily do in release 9.0.4 to avoid recompiling?

To remove the download restrictions you must need to change the backend code as mentioned in post#8. This can't be achieved without recompiling.

Edited by user Monday, May 17, 2021 6:29:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

brant25348293  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 6:59:16 AM(UTC)
brant25348293

Groups: Authorized User

I am hoping that will be an option to generate a public link to the downloads in an order in a future release, that is why I posted this in the feature requests category. I do not want to recompile. There is no other way I am aware of to have resellers easily sell digital products for someone else. I am aware of at least one other shopping cart that does have this feature standard. However, we really want to stay with AbleCommerce because we have standardized on Windows Server and ASP.NET.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 18, 2021 8:55:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified