logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sweeperqb  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 9:56:05 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
1) I see the $99 developers license removes the intermittent splash screen. Does it also remove the DEMO DEMO replacement? We purchased 6 AC7 licenses and one of the major annoyances was developing admin and checkout enhancements. The DEMO DEMO stuff makes it difficult to code reports, test fraud detection changes, etc.

2) Does a license for "localhost" work on all ports? Visual Studio assigns different random ports for HTTPS and HTTP when a project is first loaded. I have encountered issues in the past when AbleCommerce kept trying to redirect to one port or the other. Just trying to determine if I need to register it for a fixed HTTPS port, like "localhost:4435", or if "localhost" is enough.

Thank you!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

judy at Web2Market  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 6:05:42 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have a local license I use on various sites, but my set up is different from yours. I set each site up with a different app pool in IIS and as a separate application under the default web site in IIS. I've done it this way for years. The port stays the same.
sweeperqb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 6:24:27 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Katie took care of me yesterday. All good. No Demo Demo and works regardless of port.
Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 9:07:19 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Just echoing what Judy said earlier. I've never used the integrated VS IIS to view or debug a site. I found it sluggish to launch and subtle differences as compared to live IIS. Perhaps that has changed in recent years.

My goals were to mimic the real IIS world as closely as possible. So my setup involves:

Separate PC on same internal network running SQL server. Actually 7 different versions, oddly all working fine on the same machine. Don't ask me how.

Dev PC has IIS installed.
Dev PC network adapter set to static IP 192.168.1.100
Dev PC local hosts file "/Windows/System32/Drivers/Etc/Hosts." contains an entry for each site I develop on. For example, 192.168.1.100 someclient

Dev PC IIS Manager has websites set up as follows:
Create a new website with any name. Set the host header to match the name in your hosts. file (ex: someclient)

Now fire up the browser and hit http://someclient/ to spin up the site. I keep all client projects in the same folder and gave the 'Everyone' group full access so permissions wouldn't get in the way.

This is when Able licensing starts to interfere. So I request a dev license from Able for the hostname 'someclient'. Now I have a functional local dev site capable of testing all aspects of the application in an environment very, very close to production.

Debugging is super simple if you install the ReAttach visual studio extension. It lets you quickly reattach to the current project's iis process so debugging kicks in really fast. Now I just flip back and forth between browser and VS debugging at will with a single click and immediate results.