logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 7:58:52 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I need to make some modifications to the style.css in the admin area. This stylesheet is located in the \\Areas\Admin\Views directory structure.

Modifying the style.css works, however I prefer not to touch this file. Can I override this file by placing an identical file someplace else like we can do in themes?

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

sweeperqb  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 10:21:25 AM(UTC)
sweeperqb

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm not sure if it is possible via themes. I could get custom views to work, but it wouldn't automatically pick up CSS files in the directory structure. I think the _Layout.cshtml file needs to be edited to include a custom CSS file, or you need to register the custom CSS as part of a bundle in the BundleConfig.cs file.
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 10:29:14 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Sorry if I confused you, it has nothing to do with themes, I said to mimic the Functionality of themes by overwriting certain parts of the style.css. In other words, I do not want to edit the admin style.css directly, but have a copy someplace else that the admin backend will pick up.

Note: You can do this now with "cshtml" files in admin under ..\view\custom\dir ...

I hope this helps clarify.

Edited by user Monday, June 28, 2021 10:36:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 1:36:08 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi,

This is not possible with CSS style includes on the admin side. You can only override cshtml files in admin.

To override the style.css styles, you can add styles in custom.css that is already included in the project and placed in the same folder.

Hope this helps!

ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 1:43:35 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I figured as much, I created a custom stylesheet, strictly for the admin, and I will reference it when needed on the view files.

Thanks