logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2021 1:27:27 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This problem comes and goes, and it's back again. Enclosed are 3 pictures, one is what the front end looks like, in the other two are the sorting orders in the admin section. The front end picture is number to show how the sorting order should be, but as you can see it is not being sorted properly. It is important to us that certain products be sorted in a certain way to avoid customer confusion. There has been no customization to the template, and I'm not sure if this has been reported as a bug before.

We are launching in less than 30 days and would love to fix this problem.

Please advise,
-Ray

PS: Using version 9.0.4

Admin-Sort-View-2.jpg (524kb) downloaded 6 time(s). Admin-Sort-View-1.jpg (769kb) downloaded 4 time(s). Front-Sort-View.jpg (802kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

Edited by user Saturday, August 7, 2021 1:36:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2021 2:13:24 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Dear support,

Regarding the message above, upon further investigation the problem occurs when the item is part of multiple categories, please see the picture enclosed. If I were to go to all eight items and remove them from multiple categories and just keep the "CP200D Radios" categories, the sorting works (see 2nd picture).

However the sorting should be based on the category themselves regardless, if the product appears in different categories as these categories should have their own sorting settings. I am able to duplicate this on three different servers, including our production server.

Please advise if this is been reported as a bug, and better yet if there is a quick fix for this.

I appreciate your efforts on this matter as this is extremely important to us before we launch.
-Ray

Categories.jpg (641kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Right-Sorting.jpg (744kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Edited by user Saturday, August 7, 2021 2:13:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

judy at Web2Market  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 5:53:56 AM(UTC)
judy at Web2Market

Groups: Developers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This has always been an issue with AC. In Gold, you were able to select a different category display page that showed products in only one category. It was noted as a "shallow" item display. I can't remember if it is there yet it AC9 or not.
shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 6:03:20 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Yes, there is a widget named Category Product Grid. This will display products in only one category.
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 9:48:54 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

I'm assuming that the problem has been acknowledge but a fix is not in the near future. This forces us to rethink our strategy and try to limit products in multiple categories. An acknowledgment from support as to whether or not this problem will be addressed in the future would be beneficial.

Thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:13:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shaharyar  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:31:22 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

We already initiated an investigation into the issue and we're looking for the details. We will surely update you about this issue shortly.

Thanks
ray22901031  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:35:57 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you so much, my main concern was that you were able to duplicate it and are aware of the issue. We have taken other steps and re-modify our thinking as a workaround.