logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 8:56:22 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I am assuming, that I can manually apply the database changes by running the SQL queries. I am also assuming, that version 9.0.4 files will connect to the updated database without a problem, since there's nothing in the 9.0.4 files that will reference the new tables. This is necessary because it will take some time to move over some custom coding.

I await your reply and many thanks for the new version and your hard work.

-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shaharyar  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 4:33:06 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Ray,

Once you apply the patch to the existing 9.0.4 install, the database changes will be applied automatically. You don't need to run the script manually.

Thanks
http://help.ablecommerce...o_AbleCommerce_9.0.5.htm
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 4:38:38 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Yes, that I understand, but I don't think you understand what I'm trying to achieve.

I need to have both a 9.05 and 9.0.4 site accessing the same database for development purposes, I will be switching between them to bring over our custom code. To better clarify my question, once I manually upgrade the database, the old 9.0.4 site should have absolutely no problems accessing the updated database.

Is this a correct statement?

Many thanks
shaharyar  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 4:49:05 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Yes, this is a correct statement.
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 4:58:18 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you so much, we figured as much, since 9.0.4 does not know of the existence of the new tables, and none of the current database fields have been renamed, 9.0.4 will continue to function as normal.

This serves as a safety net for us because no matter how careful one is, you can always miss something. When we are ready to launch 9.0.5, we will install it under its own directory, but we will not delete the 9.0.4 directory and files which are working properly, It will just be disabled. In the event of a major glitch, I can always have IIS point back to the 9.0.4 directory structure, while we continue to troubleshoot the transfer of custom code to 9.0.5.

Again, many thanks for the upgrade and your hard work.