logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lyonsperf  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 7:32:58 PM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

I'm new to the able software and have several webstores that I need to switch over from oscommerce.
A few of the sites have pdf downloadable forms and charts that I would need to link to for customers to use.

Is there a way to create a pdf folder on the server to enable a hyperlink to be added to certain areas of the shop enabling customers to download the info?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 11:01:53 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
That is precisely how you would do it, I would recommend the two following tips.

#1. Put your directory under assets
#2. Do not use absolute URLs

Example
<li> <a href="/assets/pdfs/HX890-User-Manual.pdf">HX890 User-Manual (540k)</a></li>

I hope this helps,
-Ray

Out of curiosity, I know that oscommerce is under new management, why the switch?

Edited by user Sunday, October 3, 2021 11:03:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ray22901031 for this useful post.
Katie S on 10/4/2021(UTC)
Lyonsperf  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 6:19:10 AM(UTC)
Lyonsperf

Groups: Registered, HelpDesk

Thanks Ray!
I was a user of osc since 2008.
The new management decided to abandon all current versions of the software leaving many of us without the ability to upgrade for changes in php versions and security risks.
They promised a new version over a year ago, but no one has heard a peep from them since.
I have responsibilities to my clients, so Able was my first choice.
I'm very pleased with the response from the development team.