logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 3:26:57 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'm putting this in as a bug because it's been this way for 15 years. And surely it's time to get it fixed.

When an anonymous shopper places an order, they get a user record with email = <correct> and username = <zz_anonymous_64224277@domain.xyz> This looks really confusing in the password-reset email when the shopper comes back a week later and wants to reset their password. the password-reset email is telling them their username is zz_anonymous_64224277@domain.xyz.

In fact, after the password-reset is complete, their username is actually now correct. Able correctly updates the username to reflect the email address on the user record. This creates two problems:

* The user doesn't know their username has been updated. In fact, at this point the user has never been told their exact user name.

* Able needs to update the username to reflect the email address BEFORE the password-reset email goes out. Not after. Doing so clears up a huge point of confusion (and frustration) for anonymous shoppers who are genuinely interested in doing repeat business with the store.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:44:11 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm going to take this a bit further. The "<zz_anonymous_64224277@domain.xyz> " also gets imported into ship station. So, when ship station prints a packing slip, which it uses as a means to further enhance the customer experience and tries to create a repeat customer, it looks plain ugly and perplexing when it refers to the customer as "<zz_anonymous_64224277@domain.xyz> "

At first, I thought this was a bug within ship station, but no, it came from Ablecommerce. I strongly agree that this is an area that needs further improvement.

Here's an idea, when all else fails, why not create something like "Guess-User@[Order Number]

Just my two cents,
-Ray
shaharyar  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:37:48 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Quote:
This looks really confusing in the password-reset email when the shopper comes back a week later and wants to reset their password. the password-reset email is telling them their username is zz_anonymous_64224277@domain.xyz.

Hi Joe,

Can you please confirm this once again? I have tested and found that if the user is a guest user and then tries to reset the password, the email template is displaying valid Email instead of anonymous user name.
Joe Payne2  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 7:59:36 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Could it be an upgrade issue i.e. the email template was changed? I'm pretty sure we copied email templates from the Able Gold install when we did the upgrade.

Here's what we get today:

Capture.JPG (26kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
shaharyar  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 8:19:36 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
The email template code is the same as in GOLD. Also, I am unable to track related any changes for this template in AC9.

Can you please confirm from the database that in this case the value that is rendering is the Username, not Email.
Joe Payne2  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 2:42:43 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Originally Posted by: shaharyar Go to Quoted Post
The email template code is the same as in GOLD. Also, I am unable to track related any changes for this template in AC9.

Can you please confirm from the database that in this case the value that is rendering is the Username, not Email.

Well, I owe you a Dr. Pepper shaharyar.

The Lost Password.html email template actually did change from Gold to AC9. Among the various CSS changes, is this tiny pearl...

Code:

The user name associated with your email address is <strong>
                        #if($customer.IsAnonymousOrGuest)
                        $customer.Email
                        #else
                        $customer.UserName
                        #end
                    </strong>

My apologies for my rant. Somehow the email templates got missed when we built our initial merge list. So our AC9 store is still running Gold email templates. Hell for all I know, the email templates we have are from Able 7.x :)

p.s. I still hate zz_anonymous.