logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speedythinker1832579  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:29:20 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

I tried change shipping address on both Firefox and Chrome but the 'Save' button won't show any effect.
I think it is a bug

Thanks
Marco

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Katie S  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 6:58:39 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Groups: System, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi Marco,

There are a few different places where the shipping address can be edited. Please explain what steps you are taking so we can try to reproduce it here.

Thanks
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
Secure eCommerce Software and Hosting
speedythinker1832579  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:15:46 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hello Katie:

I tried two different way and both failed.

1) Order Manger -> Click order number -> Click Address -> Edit Shipment address -> Failed

or

2) Order Manger -> Click order number -> Click Unshipped tab -> Click Edit Ship to Address -> Click Save -> No effect

Marco
shari  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:23:45 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Marco,

I have tried to reproduce the issue but wasn't able to reproduce.

Can you please share the screenshots if possible. Also please mention that are you editing the address from pop up window?
For me, on clicking the Save button the pop up disappears with a success message.

Also if you can see if there are any errors on clicking the Save button.
Open your browser console Network Tab before clicking Save button. (press F12 to open or right-click on the page and click inspect element)

On clicking the Save button please see the response. If there are any errors please share so that we can get any idea.

Thanks

speedythinker1832579  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 1:33:19 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

When I click "Save", the button seems not responding.
Procedures:

1) Click Orders
2) Pick one of order
3) Click 'Shipments'
4) Click 'Edit Address' and saw Pop up
5) Change address (any field)
6) Click 'Save'
7 Nothing happen.

Open a ticket to the host company to ask them to look at the SQL server. They said that during upgrade, they found that there were a lot of fields were set to "null" that caused a few application error. They have to fix it one by one in the past. They said that the V9 final version were having a lot of coding issue and they couldn't fix it because they don't have have the source code

Marco
Katie S  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:42:53 PM(UTC)
Katie S

Hello Marco,

What your host is saying doesn't make any sense. You are using the same application code that we are using. Yes, we are using different servers and databases, but there is no reason your host would need the source code.

If there is a bug, then it will also exist in our code and, provided we can reproduce the issue, it will be fixed by our dev team and distributed in the next version.

Now, a screenshot would be super helpful. Maybe there is something within the address details that is causing an issue.

Shari also posted some instructions that will give us info, even if there is no visible error message on the screen.

Thanks
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
speedythinker1832579  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 4:05:40 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hello Katie:

The billing address issue got fixed.
Following are a few conversation between me and the hosting company:

Unable to save Shipping :
===================================================================================================================================================================
Q: Also, was the migration of my site through a full installation or just an upgrade? It seem that there were so many scrips missing after the migration; images, language, Fedex...etc. Now, there are other function is not working for example the "Jump to Order#" search. I reported it to the Ablecommerce but they couldn't duplicate the issue. I'm concerning that there are may be more missing scrips happened and forced application errors. If you look at the log file (I deleted some), there are about 150 errors happening daily

A: Your previous site was running on AbleCommerce Gold and we had to do database upgrade from AbleCommerce Gold to v9. The upgrade is performed automatically from the
AbleCommerce V9 install, there are no manual scripts to run.

We have reviewed the errors reported in the log file and most of the errors are related to the control business logic not to the issues with the database layer like missing table
fields or database tables.

It is possible that after the upgrade some of the table fields are left to NULL and the business logic does not have proper checks for NULL values. Most of the code change fixes we made after
the upgrade were mostly related to NULL value verifications for data provided by the data access layer.

Please let us know if there are any specific issues that we can help you address on our end.

===================================================================================================================================================================

Exception errors issue:

Hi Marco,

It seems that Ablecommerce have released beta software as a final release and there are still many bugs, or their strategy is to have bugs and charge for development assistance.

We will try our best to help you with all bugs and provide fixes. One issue on our end is that we don't have the full source code (only the front end parts) and can't fix core library's code.

In the meantime we can install any patches or service releases provided by Able free of charge.

Please submit the issue to Ablecommerce and ask if they can provide a patch.

Seems that most issues were caused by having "null" set up for the fields

Marco
Katie S  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 11:09:03 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hello Marco,

Thanks for the update.

I want to clear a few things up.

The Order search issue is valid. We fixed two specific issues:

- Search function was using the Order ID instead of the Order Number in the URL
- Entering an invalid order number crashes the page with error.

The fix will be available in the next version which we hope to have ready by mid October.

Please have Drundo report any bugs directly to us. I have absolutely no idea why they would fix them and not report the issues to us. What's going to happen when another release comes out? Do they plan to fix the bugs they found again? All software applications have bugs. That's normal. We've been testing for 1 year solid, so no, it's not a beta version.

I've heard no one else mention any issues with NULL values in the database. It is perfectly normal to have NULL values in the database and our code handles this.

So, again, if Drundo has a bug report to make, then please ask them to use the forums so we can have each issue confirmed, fixed and properly go through our testing and final QA processes. This ensures that all issues are included in the next version and fixed for all customers.

Please, I sincerely hope you are not paying them to fix bugs....

If there is a 'blocker' bug that you absolutely must have fixed before we have the next version available, then please let me know. We typically try to provide any intermediate patch or code changes to allow you to get past it.

I look forward to hearing more about these NULL issues. It would very important to get them reported soon as we are winding up for the next version.

Thanks,
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie
speedythinker1832579  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:12:12 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Thanks Katie. I have opened quite a lot tickets with them but most time they would say that it was either code issue or the 'null' issue. I was so surprised if that was the case because it wasn't hard for you guys to duplicate the same issue. Currently I have 8xx errors in the system log. I have opened a ticket for them to look at it but it has been more than a week and I heard nothing from them. It is so annoying to receive so many errors daily. Should I make a new post to reporst those error?

Regards,
Marco
Katie S  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 10:23:04 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Hi Marco,

We want to do whatever we can to help with this situation. I was trying to get a brief history of what's happened with your upgrade and I stumbled upon this post from 4 months ago -

Quote:
Posted: 4 months ago
Hi:

We're trying to upgrade from v7 (gold) to v9 and we're having some issue here. Following is a brief report of what was an issue from our web hosting company who in charge of the upgrade. What can we do about it

Regards,
Marco

"
We managed to merge database records from local to server environment using custom sql scrips. The dev. site is now up and running

One major issue we are trying to overcome is the lack of support for custom widgets. The current version is still a Release Candidate

VERSION: 9.0.0.5338
Release Label: RC3

and not an official version. In the current version registration of new Widgets is not available (New widgets must be registered. (coming soon...)) which means that we can't override
and create new content elements. We are still trying to overcome this restriction with custom CSS, but it is more difficult and time-consuming process.

If you have paid for the current RC9 release please contact AbleCommerce and ask when they are planning to release the final official version of RC9?

We will keep updating the dev. site with new changes as we make further progress.

Please read the section I highlighted above. I'm telling you this has me very concerned about your upgrade. This is not the proper path to take by using custom scripts. We have hundreds of hours into testing and a documented upgrade process that uses our own built-in scripts that are run during the installation.

Since you were coming from version 7 (eight years old), and skipping the upgrade to Gold (also heavily tested), but ending up in a pre-final version of AbleCommerce 9, there is really no way for us to even create the same scenario for testing.

I know a lot of time has passed, but one suggestion is that you find the last backup before upgrading and repeat, but this time using our tested and documented upgrade process. This will be a two-step upgrade, because you need to first upgrade the database to Gold level, then you can upgrade to version 9.

Of course the downside is that you will need to gather any changed data between then and now - and yes, I understand that's a big one. The alternative is to leave things as-is and try to fix as many issues as possible. I believe the issues will be primarily data related though.

It's generally not possible to look at log records and figure out how the message came to be there. What it will take is some testing to try and identify the issues with the website. If you can get an error produced in the log as you test, then that helps tremendously. I would suggest posting one issue at a time though. It's hard to troubleshoot many different things in the same topic. Just start with the most serious first and we'll try to help

Thanks
Katie

ps. In case I misunderstood the communications above, you might want to get clarification from your host on how they upgraded your database from version 7 to 9.

Edited by user Friday, October 4, 2019 10:24:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thanks for your support!

Katie
speedythinker1832579  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 2:45:40 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hello Katie:

Very frustrated to deal with them. I paid $2500 for the upgrade from V7.x (Gold) to V9. because they said that it wasn't a simple upgrade but a major migration. However, after upgrade, I received so many errors and some function are not working properly. I just sent them a note and asked them to contact you guys for 'bugs' they couldn't fix. Worst to worst, I may move out from them and let Able to host my site. I'm paying them about $350/m. They said the price was good because my site was hosted on a dedicated server instead of sharing.

Thanks for your support

Marco
MikeR  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:00:39 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I would really recommend going to the last good v7 backup and upgrading from there. I have no clue why someone would use custom scripts when it takes just a few minutes longer to upgrade 7 to gold and then go to ac9.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
speedythinker1832579  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:12:51 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Mine was running with V7 Gold ( very stable) prior to the migration of V9

We used to do it ourselves when upgraded from 5.x to 7, then 7 to 7 Gold. This time we let them do it because they said that the upgrade was more than just a "patch" update but need database construction and something... That's why I spent $2.5k. Guess I should move to Able e-commerce platform was a better choice but too late now.

Marco
Joe Payne2  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:15:59 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Feels like there's something missing from the story. Did they also convert your site design to v9 along with upgrading the data? Or did you end up with the generic v9 site design?

Did you have custom tables added to the old site that also required the programming to be upgraded?
MikeR  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:20:26 PM(UTC)
MikeR

Groups: Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, System, Admin

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If you were on Gold R7, then it would have been easy to upgrade to Gold R10 (or later) then go to v9.

I thought you were on AbleCommerce 7.x and that's why the custom scripts were used.
Thank you for your support!
Mike Randolph
AbleCommerce.com
speedythinker1832579  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:36:41 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Originally Posted by: Joe Payne @ AbleMods LLC Go to Quoted Post
Feels like there's something missing from the story. Did they also convert your site design to v9 along with upgrading the data? Or did you end up with the generic v9 site design?

Did you have custom tables added to the old site that also required the programming to be upgraded?

It may be but I'm not sure how much programming involved. I showed them a new Home page layout from any designer based on PHP. Then I saw V9 available so I stop to use PHP as the home page. I don't know if there is a lot of programming involved for a simple site like this. Regardless, I'm not receiving roughly 20~30 errors a day. Some looks server some don't. Funny that I received warning from Paypal 10:07pm every day LoL!

This is our site: Lightobject.com
Tell me if it is a lot programming needed.

Marco

Joe Payne2  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 4:00:47 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I can't really tell on the programming aspects, but your site design is much different from the standard v9 design. So there would have been some time involved to make Able v9 look like that. Considering the site design rebuild and the data upgrade involved, the $ 2,500 amount seems reasonable. At least in my opinion it does. So on that aspect I don't think you got 'ripped off' at least based on what you've said here.

Merging data as part of the upgrade is a risky venture, no matter what software is involved. What they may have done is used a SQL tool to migrate certain store data from a development store into the upgraded live store. If so, it's a bit of an extreme step for an upgrade. I've only done it a few times, and with only limited success.

Unfortunately, certain parts of v9 make that a requirement now. It's the only way to upgrade a store that's been built first in a test environment if you don't want to recreate all of the localization changes (text changes). There's really no other way to do it.

I know none of that helps with the errors you're seeing, but thought another perspective would help a little.

speedythinker1832579  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 4:29:58 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hey Joe:

Understood. You know, I have no complain to the money I spent. Even though we got some tech skill but I didn't want to take risk. That's why I let them to do the work. We upgraded our site from 5.5 to V7 Gold ourself. Anyway, what I want is a full functioning without receiving 20 errors+ a day. You know how panic it was when seeing so many errors reported on the log. Our business is totally relying on the website. When it was down, we lost income.Before I was upgraded it to v9, I was thinking to switch to other ecommerce site. Right before I switched to, I saw v9 and I have been using Able for over 10 years and I like the support from Able.

I look forward to see a patch from Able and hope it fix most issue that I'm experiencing.

You guys are having very good support!

Thanks agian

Marco
Katie S  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 9:54:08 AM(UTC)
Katie S

Quote:
I look forward to see a patch from Able and hope it fix most issue that I'm experiencing.

As we are getting close to a new version, I would really like to make sure that we have addressed the issues or you'll be disappointed with the upgrade.

The instructions that Shari posted above will give us much needed information to see what is happening with buttons that don't seem to respond on an update. Please list any areas where this is still happening.

Also, with Paypal...if I remember, you needed to uninstall the gateway configuration/plugin and reinstall. Did that happen yet? There were some changes between RC3 and Final that required this to happen.

For any other new issues, please create a separate forum thread so we can investigate each one.

Thanks Marco!
Katie
Thanks for your support!

Katie